Service Club hosting holiday bazaar
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria Women’s Service Club will host a Christmas Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Service Club, 204 E. Berry St., Alexandria.
There will be many vendors with their wares. Food is available; admission is free as is parking.
For more information contact Marilyn Lenhart, at 724-7999 or 278-8888.
All-you-can-eat breakfast is Sunday
ANDERSON — There will be an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2 at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu includes eggs (cooked to order), hash browns, biscuits and gravy, bacon, coffee, orange juice, and pancakes. Carry-out is available. Cost is $7.
Spas for Paws set for Saturday at Mermaid
ANDERSON — Mermaid Pool, Spa & Patio in Anderson, will host “Spas for Paws” on Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event is to help the local pet food pantry, Ernie’s Heart.
Photos of your furry friends will be taken against a green screen for a cash or pet food donation to Ernie’s. The photo will then be dropped onto the background of your choice. The photo will be emailed to you in time for your unique Christmas photo.
For more information call 649-2229 or by email at email@example.com for details and to reserve a spot for your photo.
Santa Claus coming to Frankton
FRANKTON — Santa Claus will be coming to the Frankton Public Library on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Bring your camera to take holiday photographs. The event is sponsored by the Frankton Lions Club.
Daleville readying community breakfast
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Lions Club will host a community breakfast on Saturday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The breakfast will benefit the Daleville High School baseball team. Cost is $6 per person for all-you-can-eat. Children 6 and under eat free.
The menu includes eggs and sausage, pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, coffee, milk and orange juice.
Garden Club hosts Christmas dinner
ALEXANDRIA — Alexandria’s SmallTown Garden Club will hold its annual carry-in Christmas dinner at 6 p.m. Monday at the Community Center.
The club is providing the meat. If you didn’t sign-up at the November meeting or haven’t been contact by phone, call Donna Townsend at 724-7564. Members wishing to participate in the Alexandria Toy Drive may bring an unwrapped $10 toy or a $10 cash donation.
Salon Show holds opening reception
MUNCIE – The opening reception for the annual Salon Show will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Gordy Fine Art & Framing Co., 224 E. Main St., Muncie.
The Annual Salon Show continues through Jan. 31, and may be viewed during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., or by appointment.
Gordy Fine Art & Framing Co. is located next door to Muncie Civic Theatre.
For more information, call 284-8422 or visit www.gordyframing.com.
Service Club hosting holiday bazaar
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
- Lenten breakfast series kicks off March 8 The Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series will begin at 7:15 a.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Ninth St.
- Community Briefs: March 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: March 5
A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
MCHS' goal: Finding forever homes for all animals
This morning when I opened my e-mail I had a message from Andrea Valois of Chicago. In the email was a picture from the Chicago Tribune of a beautiful Schnauzer named Charlie. Her message to me was, “we thank you for all the work you do in finding forever homes for animals.”
- More Community Headlines