George Jones coming to Emens March 16
MUNCIE — George Jones in the final tour of his career — “The Grand Tour” — is coming to Ball State University’s Emens Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 16.
Tickets go on sale at 11 a.m. Friday at the Emens box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster.com, or charge at (800) 745-3000.
Alex Christmas parade set for Friday
ALEXANDRIA — “O Little Town of ... Alexandria,” the Alexandria Christmas Parade, will be held at 6 p.m. Friday in downtown Alexandria.
Entries are free but those participating need to register by 5:15 p.m. at the parking lot of Cornerstone Church at Sullivan and Tyler streets.
Last-minute entry forms can be picked up at the Alexandria Monroe Chamber of Commerce, 125 N. Wayne St. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Holiday Sampler’ to benefit the arts
ANDERSON — A “Holiday Sampler” of food, entertainment and art is planned for 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at The Anderson Center for the Arts, 32 W. 10th St.
The come-and-go event, being hosted by The Anderson’s board of directors, is a fundraiser for Tasting the Arts, a collaborative effort of the Arts Center, Anderson Symphony Orchestra, Paramount Theatre Centre and Anderson Young Ballet Theatre.
Several of TACA’s caterers will provide some of their specialties, and Rick Vale will entertain.
The cost is $30 per person. For reservations, call Deborah Stapleton at 649-1248.
Chicken noodles on Saturday menu
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat chicken noodles dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road. Carryout meals will be available.
Tickets are $7 for those 12 and over; $5 for children ages 5 to 11 and those under the age of 4 eat free.
Frisch’s offers free Santa photos
ANDERSON — Frisch’s Big Boy, 500 Broadway, will offer free photos with Santa from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday in December.
Area schools’ Class of 1959 to meet
ANDERSON — The area high school classes of 1959 will meet for lunch on Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Elks Lodge 209, 1803 Broadway.
The group meets the first Tuesday of the month. Classmates and their guests are invited to attend.
For more information, call Bob Jackson at 642-4049 or Sandy Flowers at 642-1445.
Free senior movie is Monday at Mall
ANDERSON — The free senior movie is returning to the Anderson Mounds Mall 10 Theatre on Monday for the 10 a.m. showing of “Left Behind World at War.”
Doors to the theater open at 9:30 a.m. and there will be refreshments provided before the show. Be sure to register for door prizes before entering the theater. The movie is free to adults 55 and older as well as all accompanying friends and family.
For more information, call Jeremy at Edgewater Woods at 208-5838.
George Jones coming to Emens March 16
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- More Community Headlines