Get chili and fixins’ Friday at VFW
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson, will serve up chili Friday from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Cost is $5 for chili and a grilled cheese sandwich; $5 for chili, hot dogs and chips; and $2 for a chili dog.
Spring Valley Quilt Guild plans party
PENDLETON — To celebrate Christmas and an exciting year of quilting, the Spring Valley Quilt Guild will hold its annual Christmas party pitch-in on Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the Pendleton Library.
Members should bring a covered dish or dessert. The guild will provide the entree, table service and beverages.
Show-and-tell will follow with Christmas and holiday-themed items suggested. The event starts at 6 p.m.
Kids invited to see Santa, do crafts
ANDERSON — Discovery Junction Daycare & Preschool, 3146 Fall Ridge Lane, will host “Cookies with Santa” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13.
Kids will decorate cookies, do crafts and have story time along with sitting on Santa’s lap.
Call 683-0142 to register your child and be entered to win a $100 Christmas shopping gift card. Cost is $2. proceeds benefit the Exchange Club Family Resource Center.
Muncie Symphony plans Holiday Pops
MUNCIE — The Muncie Symphony Orchestra will host a Fisher/Shafer Holiday Pops concert at 4 p.m. Saturday at Emens Auditorium, Muncie.
The concert will feature special guests, the University Singers Glee Club and Ball State Theater and Dance students.
MSO is waiving fees for children’s tickets (K-12). An instrument petting zoo will be available for children to try their hand at two groups of instruments-woodwinds and strings before the concert and during intermission. Families are offered a free holiday photo prior to the start of the concert in Emens lobby from 3 to 4 p.m.
BSU students get free admission with ID in advance or $5 at door. Adult tickets start at $18.
Library teaching Internet shopping
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library is offering a free Holiday Shopping on the Internet class on Monday, Dec. 3, at 6 p.m. featuring basic information to get you started with your Internet shopping, safety tips to protect your financial information from online predators, and how to find special savings, deals and unique gift ideas. Register at www.andersonlibrary.net or call 641-2456.
Local authors to sign books in Daleville
DALEVILLE — Local authors Violet Ryan, Toni Cantrell and Bea Simmons will have an Author Chat on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Daleville Community Library.
Christmas set for Markleville Saturday
MARKLEVILLE — Christmas in Markleville will be held from 10 a.m. t0 2 p.m. Saturday at the Hardy Building in Markleville.
For lunch, chili, hot dogs and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be served. Parents, take your pictures of your children with Santa at no charge. He will arrive at 11 a.m.
There will be craft and gift booths and a Children’s Corner where the kids can decorate a cookie or do a make and take Christmas ornament.
Get chili and fixins’ Friday at VFW
- Making a change for better health Roger Burnett says he was content with the YMCA before it was recently remodeled. “I don’t like change,” said Burnett, 66, of Frankton. “I didn’t think I would like it, but I do.”
- Community Briefs: Dec. 10 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- More Community Headlines