Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
ANDERSON — The Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St., Anderson, will host a fish fry from 5 to 7:30 p.m. tonight.
Proceeds from the night’s event will benefit local wounded veteran Tim Senkowski.
MOB registration set for Thursday
ANDERSON — Merchants Older Buddies (MOB) registration will be from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Thursday at Park Place Community Center, 802 E. Fifth St., Anderson.
The registration offers discounts to those 60 years of age and older at various area merchants for a one-time fee of $4. For more information call Haskett Counts at 643-8843.
Men’s Fellowship serving up pancakes
ALEXANDRIA — A pancake breakfast will be served by the Christian Men’s Fellowship from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at First Christian Church, 215 W. Berry St., Alexandria.
Cost is $4 for adults and $2 for children for all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, coffee, tea, juice and milk.
Tickets may be purchased at the door.
ABC employees to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — All former employees, and guests of Anderson Banking Co. are invited for lunch at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, on Monday at noon.
Each guest will order from the menu.
For more information call Sandy Jones at 642-2106 or Doris Richards at 643-7312.
St. Ambrose sets fundraising auction
ANDERSON — The annual St. Ambrose School fundraising auction will be held at the Anderson Country Club on Saturday, April 20. The doors will open along with silent bidding at 6 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., and the live auction will start at 7:30 p.m. The auction will feature a variety of items, including items donated by local businesses as well as tickets to various attractions and activities.
Cost of dinner is $25 per person and includes a bid ticket. Reservations are required by April 10. To reserve tickets, or for additional information, call the St. Ambrose School office at 642-8428.
Dine & Donate to benefit Bids for Kids
ANDERSON — Greek’s Pizzeria, 6317 Martin Luther King Blvd., will host a Dine & Donate fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
Fifteen percent of all dining bills will be donated to Bids for Kids and applies to dine-in or carry-out.
Flyers are available at the Anderson Noon Exchange Club’s Facebook page, but it is not necessary to have a flyer.
For more information call Paulette Catt at 425-0262.
Chicken noodles dinner moved to April 15
ALEXANDRIA — Due to spring break, the Church Street Commons chicken noodles dinner will be held Monday, April 15, instead of the usual second Monday of the month.
Dinners will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
For deliveries, call 623-5380.
Fish fry benefit for Senkowski
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines