Local student serves as page
PENDLETON — Isaac Lamb, 17, of Pendleton, recently served as an Indiana House page during the 2013 session of the Indiana General Assembly for state Rep. Bob Cherry.
Lamb is a student at Liberty Christian School, Anderson.
White raising tuition funds for China
ANDERSON — Bryant N. White of Anderson, and a member of the People to People Student Ambassador Program, is collecting used cellphones and inkjet cartridges through April 27 for the purpose of paying tuition to go to China. This organization will receive money from Phoneraiser for each item collected during this fundraiser. Phoneraiser is a company that specializes in recycling and refurbishing used technology.
White is a freshman at Anderson High School and the son of Tammy (Bryant) White and Douglas N. White Jr. He is currently in his second semester of a Chinese class at AHS. During his trip he will be traveling to Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin and Shanghai.
White has been a youth usher for four years at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church and a volunteer at the local community center serving Thanksgiving dinners. Among his many activities, he also received a varsity letter in wrestling this year from AHS.
Items may be dropped off at Bryant’s home at 1415 W. 14th St., from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day (box on the front porch), or at Better Ways Barber Shop, 2124 Dewey St., from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Local student serves as page
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
- Lenten breakfast series kicks off March 8 The Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series will begin at 7:15 a.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Ninth St.
- Community Briefs: March 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: March 5
A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
MCHS' goal: Finding forever homes for all animals
This morning when I opened my e-mail I had a message from Andrea Valois of Chicago. In the email was a picture from the Chicago Tribune of a beautiful Schnauzer named Charlie. Her message to me was, “we thank you for all the work you do in finding forever homes for animals.”
- More Community Headlines