Local student serves as page
PENDLETON — Isaac Lamb, 17, of Pendleton, recently served as an Indiana House page during the 2013 session of the Indiana General Assembly for state Rep. Bob Cherry.
Lamb is a student at Liberty Christian School, Anderson.
White raising tuition funds for China
ANDERSON — Bryant N. White of Anderson, and a member of the People to People Student Ambassador Program, is collecting used cellphones and inkjet cartridges through April 27 for the purpose of paying tuition to go to China. This organization will receive money from Phoneraiser for each item collected during this fundraiser. Phoneraiser is a company that specializes in recycling and refurbishing used technology.
White is a freshman at Anderson High School and the son of Tammy (Bryant) White and Douglas N. White Jr. He is currently in his second semester of a Chinese class at AHS. During his trip he will be traveling to Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin and Shanghai.
White has been a youth usher for four years at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church and a volunteer at the local community center serving Thanksgiving dinners. Among his many activities, he also received a varsity letter in wrestling this year from AHS.
Items may be dropped off at Bryant’s home at 1415 W. 14th St., from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day (box on the front porch), or at Better Ways Barber Shop, 2124 Dewey St., from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Local student serves as page
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines