Local student serves as page
PENDLETON — Isaac Lamb, 17, of Pendleton, recently served as an Indiana House page during the 2013 session of the Indiana General Assembly for state Rep. Bob Cherry.
Lamb is a student at Liberty Christian School, Anderson.
White raising tuition funds for China
ANDERSON — Bryant N. White of Anderson, and a member of the People to People Student Ambassador Program, is collecting used cellphones and inkjet cartridges through April 27 for the purpose of paying tuition to go to China. This organization will receive money from Phoneraiser for each item collected during this fundraiser. Phoneraiser is a company that specializes in recycling and refurbishing used technology.
White is a freshman at Anderson High School and the son of Tammy (Bryant) White and Douglas N. White Jr. He is currently in his second semester of a Chinese class at AHS. During his trip he will be traveling to Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin and Shanghai.
White has been a youth usher for four years at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church and a volunteer at the local community center serving Thanksgiving dinners. Among his many activities, he also received a varsity letter in wrestling this year from AHS.
Items may be dropped off at Bryant’s home at 1415 W. 14th St., from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day (box on the front porch), or at Better Ways Barber Shop, 2124 Dewey St., from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Local student serves as page
- Remembering this day Meeting a Pearl Harbor survivor enhances the experience of coming to Pearl Harbor for many, historian Daniel Martinez says. It can give people a tangible connection to meet someone who was on site when the bombing happened. Their numbers are dwindling, however.
- Church News: Dec. 7 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Verna Davis: Look for the star that outshines all others Can you name a star? A real star, a star in the sky? Well, there's Vega, the fifth brightest star in the sky, 25 light years from the sun. But then there's that other star. The one mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. The star that was so bright in the night sky that it outshined all other stars.
Anderson's Winterfest kicks off weekend festivities
Madison County residents have plenty of opportunities to get in the holiday spirit this weekend with activities in downtown Anderson, at East Side Church of God and in Lapel.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Weekend calendar: Dec. 6-8
Entertainment activities are scheduled today through Sunday, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Recent donations push fund drive over $1,200
Eight new donations, bringing the total received to $1,205, were received recently for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund, which kicked off Nov. 17:
- Community Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Before I die' comes to some parts of Indiana
ANDERSON -- The "Before I die I want to…" craze that's spread across the globe has reached parts of Indiana. Although walls in Anderson haven't been plastered with chalkboard paint, inviting anyone to write their dreams for the public to see, Hoosiers across the state have done just that.
Jim Bailey: Atheist megachurches? May the farce be with you
To some it smacks of the ultimate oxymoron. For others it may be an attempt to adapt what draws strength from religious gatherings for those who choose for their faith not to go beyond themselves.
- More Community Headlines