Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
ANDERSON — Trinity Episcopal Church, 1030 Brown-Delaware St., will have a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The menu includes mashed potatoes, green beans, dessert and a beverage.
Cost is $8 for adults and $3 for children.
AHS Class of ‘60 to meet for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1960 will have its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
‘Comfort Keepers’ host luncheon
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Women’s Fellowship “Comfort Keepers” of the East Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Markleville will have its monthly “God Abundance Meal” on Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the lower fellowship hall of the church.
The menu includes: pulled barbecue chicken sandwiches, chips, baked beans, slaw, dessert and drink with a freewill offering accepted. The East Christian Church is located at 124 E. Main St. (Indiana 38), and is handicap accessible.
Carryouts will be available, and if you are a shut-in or a small business in the immediate area and would like a carryout delivered, call the church (533-4996) day of the meal or Diane (533-2330) as early as possible.
Next Welcome Home dinner on Friday
ANDERSON — The next Welcome Home dinner for veterans, active military and their families will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N. Scatterfield Road.
Speakers will be Diana Graves and Maureen Lambert of the Anderson/Madison County Visitors Bureau.
There is no charge for the dinner. To RSVP, call 649-9231.
National Library Week on April 15-20
SUMMITVILLE — The Hazelbaker Library, 1013 W. Church St., will celebrate National Library Week with daily programs and a book sale that runs all week.
Monday, April 15, listen to ragtime music,” 1 p.m.; Tuesday, April 16, meet Indiana children’s author, Amber Dublin (Book signing), 4 p.m.; Wednesday, April 17, customer appreciation day, cookies and punch served all day; Thursday, April 18, Senior Social, 2-4 p.m.; Friday, April 19, preschool program, 1 p.m.; and Saturday, family movie night, 6 p.m.
For more information, call 536-2335.
CHA Auxiliary to have jewelry sale
ANDERSON — The Community Hospital Anderson Auxiliary will host its annual next-to-new jewelry sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the conference room located in the lower level of the hospital. The sale will feature all types of gently used jewelry including earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pins, watches, etc. and is open to the public.
Proceeds from the sale benefit the charitable sponsorships of the Auxiliary.
Chicken noodles dinner Tuesday
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines