Rev. Herman to be speaker at St. Paul’s
GREENFIELD — St. Paul’s Anglican Reformed Episcopal Church, 20 W. South St., will welcome The Rev. Christopher Herman to St. Paul’s Sunday.
He will conduct Holy Communion at 10:30 a.m. Visitors are welcome to come and speak with Rev. Herman regarding the Reformed Episcopal Church.
Civil War 150th anniversary observed
DALEVILLE — Worship Memorial Day Sunday at Daleville Christian Church, 14220 W. Daleville Road, will commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War. Pastor McManus will base his message on the life and faith of a Daleville area soldier killed in the battle of Port Gibson, May 1, 1863. Music will be of the Civil War period.
Singspiration will begin again in July
ANDERSON — The Church at Linwood, 561 W. 600N., will not have its monthly Singspiration in June because of Father’s Day.
Singspirations will continue on the third Sunday of each month beginning July 21 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. The featured guest will be Dave Elmore of Fortville.
Church Women to gather June 3
ANDERSON — Monday Prayer Fellowship Church Women United of Madison County will meet for prayer and fellowship at 9:30 a.m. Monday at East Lynn Christian Church, 522 E. 53rd St. For more information, call Velma at 642-3807 or Janet at 778-3897.
Church celebrates pastoral anniversary
MIDDLETOWN — Fall Creek Apostolic Church, 8814 W State Road 236, will begin its Pastoral Anniversary weekend at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 31. The Saturday service is at 6:30 p.m. and the Sunday service is at 1:30 p.m. Rev. Eric Foster, pastor of The Apostolics of Canton, Ohio, will be preaching in all three services.
Pastor and Mrs. L.R. Neal and the church happily extended a warm welcome to all to join them in celebrating 31 years of God’s faithfulness.
National music evangelists Dave and Bonita Petersen will serve as weekend worship leaders. Pastor Vernon Wagoner of Manchester, Tenn. will lead services with vocal and instrumental gospel music. The weekend theme is “Transformed and Transmitting.”
Special ministerial guests will include Evangelist Michael Sanchez of New Orleans, La. Also coming from Bel Air, Md., will be Rev. and Mrs. Johnny Garrison. The Garrisons served as missionaries to Nigeria for 20 years.
Second Missionary plans Bible School
ANDERSON — Second Missionary Baptist Church, 230 W. 14th St., Anderson, will host Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8 p.m. nightly June 3-7.
Pastor is the Rev. William O’Neal.
Harpist Wappel set for Alex First UMC
ALEXANDRIA — Harp performer Jaclyn Wappel will be featured at the Alexandria First United Methodist Church, 116 W. Broadway, Sunday. Wappel will play for the Social Concerns Adult Sunday School Class “Graduation Party” breakfast served by Chef Ray Grimball at 9 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
During the 11 a.m. worship service, Wappel will play a rendition of “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” prior to the morning message by Rev. Jeffery Hency.
Wappel is an avid harp performer, teacher, arranger and composer. Currently she is working on her doctorate at BSU and expects to complete her degree in 2014. She is also principal harpist for the Muncie symphony and has been visiting principal with the Anderson Symphony Orchestra. She had the opportunity to perform in Italy at the Tuscia Opera Festival in Rome and Viterbo in 2012.
The worship service begins at 11 a.m.
Seth Carrier named new minister
MUNCIE — Members of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Muncie have named Seth Carrier as the congregation’s new minister.
Carrier comes to Muncie from Tulsa, Okla., where he will complete his chaplain residency at Hillcrest Medical Center in May. He will begin his duties in Muncie on Aug. 1.
Radio programs scheduled Sundays
ANDERSON — “In God’s Word” sponsors four programs from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. every Sunday on WHBU 1240 AM.
At 7:30 a.m. “Unshackled” is broadcast in English; followed at 8 a.m. by “In God’s Word” with Dean Butgereit. “Love Worth Finding” by Adrian Rogers is at 8:30 a.m. and at 9 a.m. “Unshackled” in Spanish.
Cada domingo por las mananas enla estaion 1240 WHBU a las 9 a.m. Representando la palabra de dion dramas acerca de la realidad de lavida; para que los disfruten el nombre del program se uama “Desencadenado.” Por favor comparta el nuevo programa con sus amigos y familia en Espanol.
Rev. Herman to be speaker at St. Paul’s
- Restoring purity For almost three years, Restoration Fellowship Ministries in Anderson has tried to be a safe haven for local girls to talk about issues adolescents face.
- Casting Jesus: Did he really look like Brad Pitt? Those who study religion as portrayed in popular culture note that depicting Jesus on the screen has always been a tricky business, one that balances weighty theological concerns — how divine to make the son of God, and how human? —with more earthly ones, like how best to sell movie tickets?
- Verna Davis: Be careful with the power of your words Recently, driving home from work, I was thinking about two incidents, one fiction, one real, that both bore out the same truth: Words have power.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
- More Community Headlines