- "The Matchmaker" presented by Anderson High School Theater Arts, 3 p.m., auditorium, Anderson High School, 4610 Madison Ave.
- Alexandria Community Thanksgiving Service, 6 p.m., Church Street Commons.
- Euchre, 1:30 p.m.; turkey dinner, 4:30 p.m.; organ music, 4-5:30 p.m.; bingo, 6 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road.
- Planning Commission, 6 p.m., City Building.
- Alexandria Redevelopment Commission, 6:30 p.m., City Building.
- John Lawson Memorial Thanksgiving Dinner, 2-6 p.m., Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road.
- Chicken and noodle dinner, 5-6 p.m., commons area, Lapel High School. Hosted by the "Students to Europe 2014."
- All-you-can-eat chicken wings dinner, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Veterans of Foreign Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave.
- Chicken wing dinners, 5-8 p.m., American Legion Post 408, 5100 Mounds Road.
- Free Thanksgiving Day dinner, noon, East Lynn Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 522 E. 53rd St.
- Thanksgiving Day annual community dinner, Geater Community Center, 1611 Chase St.
- Lasagna, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m., VFW Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave.
- Steak and frog leg dinners, 5-8 p.m., American Legion Post 408, 5100 Mounds Road
- Blood drive, 8-11 a.m., Knights of Columbus, 1225 Main St.
Notices of local public meetings and events should be sent to What’s Where, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson 46015; faxed to 640-4815; or emailed to email@example.com. Check www.heraldbulletin.com for a calendar of upcoming events.