Here are the three winning essays in the Ike Weatherly Jr. Black History Month essay contest for fourth and fifth graders.
Mrs. Tauri Ivey
By Emma Williams, Liberty Christian School
By Lesly Rosas, St. Mary’s School
'Hey, Hey, Hey, It's Bill Cosby'
By Meghan Kirkpatrick, East Side Intermediate School
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 13 A compilation of community news, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
Jim Bailey:The high cost of higher education hits home at AU
The announcement was something of a bombshell for students and faculty at Anderson University with fiscal cutbacks that included elimination of majors in the fields of theatre, philosophy and French.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines