Kids Fair set at Daleville church
DALEVILLE — Trinity Community Church, 13801 W. Main St., will host its annual Kids Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
There will be all kinds of fun things for children to enjoy like: pingpong ball toss, bounce house, duck pond, basketball, bowling, face painting, miniature golf, magnetic lawn dart toss, water target shooting, prizes and more.
Lunch will be served for $3 which includes a hot dog, chips , cookie and drinks.
On Easter Sunday, breakfast will be served at 9:30 a.m.
Love Bears group seeks volunteers
ANDERSON — The Love Bears group, which creates cloth teddy bears to help comfort children who become frightened during hospital stays, needs help, coordinator Sally Freeman says.
The group seeks any person who likes to sew or do crafts or similar projects to join the group at 9 a.m. to noon the third Wednesday of each month at the Southern Heights Christian Church, 5401 S. Madison Ave.
For additional information, call Freeman at 644-4244.
Church plans May flea market
CHESTERFIELD — Reservations are sought for an all-day flea market to be held on Saturday, May 18, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Clark Field next to Chesterfield Christian Church on Plum Street.
Participant spaces 10 feet by 10 feet may be reserved for $10 payable with registration.
For reservations or information, call Connie at 378-5449, leave name and number for a return call. Food vendors are welcome.
CCA retirees to meet for lunch Wednesday
ANDERSON — Container Corporation of America retirees will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
For more information, contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden Club meets in Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA — Alexandria’s SmallTown Garden Club will meet at the Community Center, 315 S. Harrison St., Monday, April 1. Registration opens at 6:30 p.m.
At 7 p.m., Bill Bork will present a program about the new trends in plants and products for 2013. Visitors are welcome and registration is open. Refreshments will be served. For additional information, call Sylvia Finney at 282-0100.
Holy Week services, activities planned
CHESTERFIELD — Chesterfield Community Church will have Maundy Thursday Service at 7 p.m. and Good Friday services at 7 p.m. with Pastor Ned Clark from Chesterfield Christian Church giving the sermon.
On Saturday, they will hold their annual Easter egg hunt and activities at the church at 10 a.m.
Better Breathers Club offered
ANDERSON — The Better Breathers Club is a support group for adults suffering from chronic lung disease, organized through the American Lung Association of Indiana. Meetings include expert speakers, video presentations and round table discussions.
The next Better Breathers meeting will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Community Anderson Education Center, 1923 N. Madison Ave. The topic will be inpatient COPD education.
For more information or to RSVP, call Dawana Felty at 765-298-5178.
‘Easter Bonnet’ Dance on Sunday
ANDERSON — Footloose Square Dance Club will host an Easter dance Sunday at the Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road. The caller is Darrin Henry and the cuer is Judy Mouton.
Pre-rounds are at 6 p.m. and square dancing from 6:30. to 9 p.m. There will be a food table, door prizes and a half pot. Dancers are invited to enjoy the fellowship, and to wear their favorite Easter bonnet.
The club invites anyone interested in learning more about square dancing to come as a guest. The club dances on the third and fifth Sunday of the month.
For more information, call 610-2377, or visit www.footloose.us.com.
Kids Fair set at Daleville church
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Rail, doll house exhibit now on display A model railroad and dollhouse exhibit is now on display at the Madison County Historical Society, 11 W. 11th St.. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on every Saturday in December.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday