‘Home for Christmas’ at United in Christ
ANDERSON — “Coming Home for Christmas” will be the topic of guest speaker Pastor Taylor of Tabernacle Baptist Church at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at United in Christ Church, 538 E. 31st St.
On Sunday, Dec. 23, Pastor Jackson of United in Christ Church will speak at 1 p.m. on “Celebration of the Arts.”
Musical cantata set for Sunday
ANDERSON — The Temple Choir and Music and Arts Department of First Baptist Church of Anderson will perform the musical cantata “And On Earth Peace” at 7 p.m. Sunday in the church sanctuary.
The musical was written and arranged by Anderson’s Randy Vader, Jay Rouse and Rose Aspinall.
Featured will be special soloist and narrators Dianna Stankiewicz, Chris Chavez, Rose Aspinall and Mark Aspinall.
Refreshments will be served following the performance in Behrens Hall.
The church is located at 907 N. Raible Ave.
Candlelight Musical date changed
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center has changed the date of its annual Candlelight Musical from Sunday to April 7, 2013.The change was due to scheduling conflicts with other church programs.
Bells of Joy holding reunion Sunday
ANDERSON — The Sensational Bells of Joy after 40 years will celebrate their second reunion at 5 p.m. Sunday at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1540 W. 16th St.
Special guests will be Station Arms of Indianapolis and other groups from the city.
Christianaires at East Side House of Prayer
ANDERSON — The Christianaires Quartet, with Bill Daugherty, Dave Younger, Todd Bogue and Paul Resler, will minister at 11 a.m. Sunday at East Side House of Prayer, 1512 E. 16th St.
There will be a dinner immediately following the service, with no evening service.
Pastor Jimmy Boicourt and congregation extend an invitation to everyone.
For more information, call 779-4122.
Soups to be served at AME Zion Church
ANDERSON — A variety of soups will be served at Wallace Temple A.M.E. Zion Church, 1518 Forkner St., on Friday, Dec. 14, beginning at 11 a.m.
Sponsored by the Deaconess and WHOMS, the meal is free to everyone.
The Rev. Anthony K.R. Gibson is pastor.
Christmas musical on tap for Dec. 15
ANDERSON — The GT’s Choir of Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St., will present its “Silent Night! Holy Night!” Christmas musical at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, and at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, directed by Lou Shelton.
This will be the fourth year for the lighting of the luminaries.
The choir invites all in attendance to share in this time of fellowship.
Andrew’s Group Day set for Sunday
ANDERSON — The first Andrew’s Group Day will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Mount Pilgrim Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson.
The Rev. Shellie Foard, pastor of New Jerusalem Church, Anderson, along with his congregation, will be guests.
‘Home for Christmas’ at United in Christ
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 13 A compilation of community news, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
Jim Bailey:The high cost of higher education hits home at AU
The announcement was something of a bombshell for students and faculty at Anderson University with fiscal cutbacks that included elimination of majors in the fields of theatre, philosophy and French.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines