‘Home for Christmas’ at United in Christ
ANDERSON — “Coming Home for Christmas” will be the topic of guest speaker Pastor Taylor of Tabernacle Baptist Church at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at United in Christ Church, 538 E. 31st St.
On Sunday, Dec. 23, Pastor Jackson of United in Christ Church will speak at 1 p.m. on “Celebration of the Arts.”
Musical cantata set for Sunday
ANDERSON — The Temple Choir and Music and Arts Department of First Baptist Church of Anderson will perform the musical cantata “And On Earth Peace” at 7 p.m. Sunday in the church sanctuary.
The musical was written and arranged by Anderson’s Randy Vader, Jay Rouse and Rose Aspinall.
Featured will be special soloist and narrators Dianna Stankiewicz, Chris Chavez, Rose Aspinall and Mark Aspinall.
Refreshments will be served following the performance in Behrens Hall.
The church is located at 907 N. Raible Ave.
Candlelight Musical date changed
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center has changed the date of its annual Candlelight Musical from Sunday to April 7, 2013.The change was due to scheduling conflicts with other church programs.
Bells of Joy holding reunion Sunday
ANDERSON — The Sensational Bells of Joy after 40 years will celebrate their second reunion at 5 p.m. Sunday at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1540 W. 16th St.
Special guests will be Station Arms of Indianapolis and other groups from the city.
Christianaires at East Side House of Prayer
ANDERSON — The Christianaires Quartet, with Bill Daugherty, Dave Younger, Todd Bogue and Paul Resler, will minister at 11 a.m. Sunday at East Side House of Prayer, 1512 E. 16th St.
There will be a dinner immediately following the service, with no evening service.
Pastor Jimmy Boicourt and congregation extend an invitation to everyone.
For more information, call 779-4122.
Soups to be served at AME Zion Church
ANDERSON — A variety of soups will be served at Wallace Temple A.M.E. Zion Church, 1518 Forkner St., on Friday, Dec. 14, beginning at 11 a.m.
Sponsored by the Deaconess and WHOMS, the meal is free to everyone.
The Rev. Anthony K.R. Gibson is pastor.
Christmas musical on tap for Dec. 15
ANDERSON — The GT’s Choir of Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St., will present its “Silent Night! Holy Night!” Christmas musical at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, and at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, directed by Lou Shelton.
This will be the fourth year for the lighting of the luminaries.
The choir invites all in attendance to share in this time of fellowship.
Andrew’s Group Day set for Sunday
ANDERSON — The first Andrew’s Group Day will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Mount Pilgrim Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson.
The Rev. Shellie Foard, pastor of New Jerusalem Church, Anderson, along with his congregation, will be guests.
‘Home for Christmas’ at United in Christ
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines