‘Fun with Science’ presentation Saturday
ELWOOD — Keith Scott and Christian Briggs, Indiana University students, will be presenting a “Fun with Science” program Saturday for children ages 5 and up at all three of the North Madison County Public Libraries.
The program is at the Hazelbaker Library in Summitville from 11 a.m. to noon; at the Frankton Community Library from 1 to 2 p.m.; and at Elwood Public Library from 3 to 4 p.m.
Library Christmas open house Dec. 15
NEW CASTLE — New Castle-Henry County Public Library will host an afternoon of Christmas fun on Saturday, Dec. 15, from noon to 3 p.m.
At noon in the auditorium, meet a real reindeer from Silly Safaris. Santa will have candy canes for children from 1 to 3 p.m. throughout the library.
Harpist Jan Aldridge Clark will perform at 12:30 and 2 p.m., and the Raintree Children’s Choir will sing at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. near the fireplace.
Kids ages 2-12 can stop by the Children’s Library from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. to make a craft. At 2:30 p.m., author Kim Rendfeld will be in the Indiana Room to talk about her book, “My Life in (Charlemagne’s) France.”
Lady of Guadalupe feast Sunday
ANDERSON — St. Ambrose Catholic Church, 2801 Lincoln St., will serve a free Our Lady of Guadalupe feast at noon Sunday.
AHS Class of ’62 to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will have its monthly luncheon at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Rigo’s at Grandview.
Red Hat Chicks meet Dec. 19
PENDLETON — The Pendleton Red Hat Chicks will meet on Wednesday, Dec. 19, at noon at the home of Barbara Mercer.
Members are asked to bring a covered dish to share and a $10 gift to exchange.
Meat and drinks will be furnished.
Welcome Home dinner Friday
ANDERSON — The Next Welcome Home Dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Anderson Church of the Brethren, 714 N. Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
The free dinner is for veterans, active military and their families.
Speaker will be Master Sgt. Brian Rude (22 years of military service), talking about his recent deployment to Southwest Asia in support of the global war on terrorism.
He will also discuss U.S. military deployments, their impact on families, and how faith sustains.
RSVP to 649-9231.
UAW Local 663 Christmas dinner set
ANDERSON — United Auto Workers Local 663 will host its annual Christmas dinner on Wednesday, at 2840 Madison Ave.
The dinner will be served at noon.
Tickets may be purchased from any member or at the Union Hall.
Chicken noodle dinner Wednesday
ANDERSON — A chicken and noodle dinner will be held on Wednesday at North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N, Anderson.
Dinner will be served from 5 to 6:45 p.m.
‘Fun with Science’ presentation Saturday
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines