Anderson Eagles to have DJ Thursday
ANDERSON — The Anderson Eagles Aerie 174, 1315 Meridian St., will have entertainment this Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m. provided by a DJ.
Candlelighting memorial service set
ANDERSON — The Bereavement Support Ministry of Bethany Christian Church, 1920 N. Rangeline Road, will conduct its annual candlelighting ceremony in memory of loved ones at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Rev. Dick True of the Community Hospital Department of Pastoral Care will lead the ceremony. The session will take place in the Fireside Room of the church. Enter through the north door across from Highland Middle School.
This session is provided free of charge for anyone suffering the loss of a family member or friend. Reservations are not necessary. For more information, call 643-5713.
AHS Class of ’47 to gather Thursday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1947 is having its monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Restaurant on Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
All classmates and friends are welcome.
AHS Class of ’60 meets for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1960 will meet this Thursday at 11:30 a.m. for lunch at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 White St., Anderson.
Anderson authors holding book fair
ANDERSON — Find the perfect Christmas gift for book loving family members and friends at the Fifth Annual Local Authors Book Fair at the Anderson Public Library, on Friday and Saturday, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. on the third floor landing. You can meet with local authors who will be selling and autographing copies of their books.
Scheduled authors include: Toni Cantrell, Elmore Hammes, Andrew Zimmerman Jones, Larry Kaiser, Debra Kemp, Don McAllister, Donna Nobles, Misty Novak, Jerry Porter, Violet Ryan, Ruben Schweiger, Bea Simmons, Dawson Vosburg, and Kimber Grey and David Murphy (Saturday only).
Legion serving all-you-can-eat breakfast
ANDERSON — The George Hockett American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., Anderson, is having an all-you-can-eat breakfast this Saturday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The public is invited to attend.
Book sale extended to three days
ANDERSON — The Friends of the Library book sale will be held on three days this month. In addition to the normal Friday and Saturday sale, a special sale will be held on Thursday, from 1 to 4 p.m. The Friday and Saturday sale days, will be the normal hours of 12:30 to 4 p.m. The sale is on the third floor of the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
The book sale includes hardbound and paperback fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, CD’s and DVD’s and audio books.
Also, a special sale will be held in the Delaware Room adjacent to the sale room. At this sale, hardbound books will be on sale for $1 each and paperback books for 50 cents each.
All proceeds benefit Library programs.
Flagship gets $5K foundation grant
ANDERSON -—Madison County Community Foundation has awarded the Flagship Enterprise Center, 2701 Enterprise Drive, a $5,000 “Financing the Future” grant Dec. 3. The grant will go to help provide short-term, low-interest loans to small businesses.
Anderson Eagles to have DJ Thursday
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines