Names of veterans sought by Legion
ANDERSON — The George Hockett American Legion Auxiliary Unit 127 is asking family and friends of military veterans who are in local nursing homes to please provide the auxiliary their names so they can be honored on Christmas, Veterans Day and other holidays. Call Em at 643-4772 or Vickie at 644- 0083.
‘Jersey Boys’ tickets on sale for January
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets are on sale for the Indianapolis return engagement of the Tony, Grammy and Olivier Award-winning hit musical “Jersey Boys,” the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, playing at Old National Center on Jan 9-27.
Buy tickets online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.broadwayinindianapolis.com; at the Broadway Across America Box Office downtown at 342 Massachusetts Ave., Clowes Memorial Hall, The Old National Center Ticket Office; or by phone at (800) 982-2787.
Paramount holiday closing announced
ANDERSON — The Paramount will close at 1 p.m. today for Thanksgiving and the box office will reopen at 4 p.m. Friday.
Library to host holiday open house
PENDLETON — Holiday festivities at the Pendleton Community Public Library will begin at 10 a.m. Dec. 1. Adult activities include a cookie exchange, gift-wrapping party and Christmas carol sing-along with Dave Ellison, owner of the Gathering Grounds Coffee Shop in downtown Pendleton.
At 1 p.m., Santa and Mrs. Claus will kick off festivities for kids. Children can enjoy crafts, singing, entertainment and all around-holiday fun. The open house will end at 3 p.m.
‘The Sounds of Christmas!’ is Dec. 2
ANDERSON — The holiday concert “The Sounds of Christmas” will be at the Paramount Theatre at 3 p.m. Dec. 2.
The program is varied in musical style and includes audience favorites such as “Sleigh Ride,” “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas” and “O Come, All Ye Faithfull.” It is presented by the Lapel Community Band, directed by John Parshall, and their guests, the Youth Chorale of Anderson, under the direction of Susan Finger.
Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for students and $1 for children 5 and under. Price of admission includes both the Festival of Trees event and the concert. The trees may be viewed beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Paramount Box office and from members of the Lapel Community Band. Some of the concert proceeds go toward maintenance of the 83-year-old, art-deco theater.
Alpha Delta Kappa Santa breakfast Dec. 1
PENDLETON — The 27th annual Alpha Delta Kappa Breakfast with Santa will be held Dec. 1 from 8 to 11 a.m. at Pendleton Heights Middle School Cafeteria, 7450 S. 300W.
Come hungry for a pancake breakfast and visit with Santa. There will be a holiday raffle for a Meijer gift card as well as the Holiday Handmade Gift Boutique to shop while you are waiting for Santa.
Tickets are $3 for children 8 and under and $5 for children 9 years and up.
Proceeds go toward the Alpha Delta Kappa Ruth Manifold scholarship, which is awarded to a Pendleton Heights High School senior planning to pursue an education career.
Names of veterans sought by Legion
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 13 A compilation of community news, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
Jim Bailey:The high cost of higher education hits home at AU
The announcement was something of a bombshell for students and faculty at Anderson University with fiscal cutbacks that included elimination of majors in the fields of theatre, philosophy and French.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines