Names of veterans sought by Legion
ANDERSON — The George Hockett American Legion Auxiliary Unit 127 is asking family and friends of military veterans who are in local nursing homes to please provide the auxiliary their names so they can be honored on Christmas, Veterans Day and other holidays. Call Em at 643-4772 or Vickie at 644- 0083.
‘Jersey Boys’ tickets on sale for January
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets are on sale for the Indianapolis return engagement of the Tony, Grammy and Olivier Award-winning hit musical “Jersey Boys,” the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, playing at Old National Center on Jan 9-27.
Buy tickets online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.broadwayinindianapolis.com; at the Broadway Across America Box Office downtown at 342 Massachusetts Ave., Clowes Memorial Hall, The Old National Center Ticket Office; or by phone at (800) 982-2787.
Paramount holiday closing announced
ANDERSON — The Paramount will close at 1 p.m. today for Thanksgiving and the box office will reopen at 4 p.m. Friday.
Library to host holiday open house
PENDLETON — Holiday festivities at the Pendleton Community Public Library will begin at 10 a.m. Dec. 1. Adult activities include a cookie exchange, gift-wrapping party and Christmas carol sing-along with Dave Ellison, owner of the Gathering Grounds Coffee Shop in downtown Pendleton.
At 1 p.m., Santa and Mrs. Claus will kick off festivities for kids. Children can enjoy crafts, singing, entertainment and all around-holiday fun. The open house will end at 3 p.m.
‘The Sounds of Christmas!’ is Dec. 2
ANDERSON — The holiday concert “The Sounds of Christmas” will be at the Paramount Theatre at 3 p.m. Dec. 2.
The program is varied in musical style and includes audience favorites such as “Sleigh Ride,” “O Holy Night,” “White Christmas” and “O Come, All Ye Faithfull.” It is presented by the Lapel Community Band, directed by John Parshall, and their guests, the Youth Chorale of Anderson, under the direction of Susan Finger.
Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for students and $1 for children 5 and under. Price of admission includes both the Festival of Trees event and the concert. The trees may be viewed beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Paramount Box office and from members of the Lapel Community Band. Some of the concert proceeds go toward maintenance of the 83-year-old, art-deco theater.
Alpha Delta Kappa Santa breakfast Dec. 1
PENDLETON — The 27th annual Alpha Delta Kappa Breakfast with Santa will be held Dec. 1 from 8 to 11 a.m. at Pendleton Heights Middle School Cafeteria, 7450 S. 300W.
Come hungry for a pancake breakfast and visit with Santa. There will be a holiday raffle for a Meijer gift card as well as the Holiday Handmade Gift Boutique to shop while you are waiting for Santa.
Tickets are $3 for children 8 and under and $5 for children 9 years and up.
Proceeds go toward the Alpha Delta Kappa Ruth Manifold scholarship, which is awarded to a Pendleton Heights High School senior planning to pursue an education career.
Names of veterans sought by Legion
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines