Dane Clark concert tonight
ANDERSON - Drummer and songwriter Dane Clark, a former John Mellencamp band member, will perform songs from his new album, “Postcards from the Hard Road” at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza. Tickets are $10.
Anderson Banking ex-employees having lunch
ANDERSON — All former employees of Anderson Banking Co., and their guests, are invited for lunch at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, at noon on Monday. Each guest orders from the menu. For information, call Sandy Jones at 642-2106 or Doris Richards at 643-7312.
Red Hat Buddies celebrate Thursday
ANDERSON – The Red Hat Buddies will celebrate Christmas at noon on Thursday, Dec. 13, at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 E. White St. A luncheon will be followed by games and a Christmas gift exchange.
No guests are invited to this event. For information, call Queen Shirley Pope at 644-0574.
Daleville Library having raffle
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Community Library has holiday raffle baskets on display. There are eight baskets with gift items that will go to raffle winners on Friday, Dec. 21.
Raffle tickets are $1 each or six for $5. Baskets have a variety of contents: handmade greeting cards, knitted items, books, a library membership and painted items.
Legion having monthly breakfast
LAPEL — The Lapel American Legion will have its monthly breakfast this Sunday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The menu will include biscuits and sausage gravy, fried potatoes, eggs scrambled or fried, pancakes, French toast, coffee and juice. Cost is $6 for all-you-can-eat. It is open to the public.
Veterans holding Ladies Day Out
ANDERSON — “Ladies Day Out” will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Veterans of Madison County, 3607 E. 10th St. Women will be able to get their nails done, chair massages, and eyelash extensions and eyebrow waxing. There will be handmade scarves along with refreshments.
Vendors in attendance will be Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Thirty-One, Scentsy, Pure Romance, Pampered Chef, and more. Psychic readings by Forbidden Fruit Tarot. The cash-and-carry event is open to the public. All ages are welcome.
CWF hosting fellowship
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Women’s Fellowship (C.W.F.) “Comfort Keepers” of the East Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Markleville will have its monthly “God Abundance Meal” on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the lower fellowship hall of the church.
The menu includes chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce, dessert and drink with a free will offering accepted. The church is at 124 E. Main St. (Ind. 38) and is handicap accessible. Carryouts will be available. Shut-ins and small businesses in the immediate area can request a carry-out delivered by calling the church at 533-4996 on the day of the meal or Diane at 533-2330.
Chicken noodles served Monday
ALEXANDRIA — Chicken noodles will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday at Church Street Commons, 204 W. Church St. Dinners are the second Monday of the month, and proceeds support youth ministry, Heaven’s Wearhouse and the after-school tutoring program.
For deliveries, call 623-5380.
Dane Clark concert tonight
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- More Community Headlines