Dane Clark concert tonight
ANDERSON - Drummer and songwriter Dane Clark, a former John Mellencamp band member, will perform songs from his new album, “Postcards from the Hard Road” at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza. Tickets are $10.
Anderson Banking ex-employees having lunch
ANDERSON — All former employees of Anderson Banking Co., and their guests, are invited for lunch at Perkins Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, at noon on Monday. Each guest orders from the menu. For information, call Sandy Jones at 642-2106 or Doris Richards at 643-7312.
Red Hat Buddies celebrate Thursday
ANDERSON – The Red Hat Buddies will celebrate Christmas at noon on Thursday, Dec. 13, at the Madison County Shrine Club, 2419 E. White St. A luncheon will be followed by games and a Christmas gift exchange.
No guests are invited to this event. For information, call Queen Shirley Pope at 644-0574.
Daleville Library having raffle
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Community Library has holiday raffle baskets on display. There are eight baskets with gift items that will go to raffle winners on Friday, Dec. 21.
Raffle tickets are $1 each or six for $5. Baskets have a variety of contents: handmade greeting cards, knitted items, books, a library membership and painted items.
Legion having monthly breakfast
LAPEL — The Lapel American Legion will have its monthly breakfast this Sunday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The menu will include biscuits and sausage gravy, fried potatoes, eggs scrambled or fried, pancakes, French toast, coffee and juice. Cost is $6 for all-you-can-eat. It is open to the public.
Veterans holding Ladies Day Out
ANDERSON — “Ladies Day Out” will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Veterans of Madison County, 3607 E. 10th St. Women will be able to get their nails done, chair massages, and eyelash extensions and eyebrow waxing. There will be handmade scarves along with refreshments.
Vendors in attendance will be Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Thirty-One, Scentsy, Pure Romance, Pampered Chef, and more. Psychic readings by Forbidden Fruit Tarot. The cash-and-carry event is open to the public. All ages are welcome.
CWF hosting fellowship
MARKLEVILLE — The Christian Women’s Fellowship (C.W.F.) “Comfort Keepers” of the East Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Markleville will have its monthly “God Abundance Meal” on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the lower fellowship hall of the church.
The menu includes chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce, dessert and drink with a free will offering accepted. The church is at 124 E. Main St. (Ind. 38) and is handicap accessible. Carryouts will be available. Shut-ins and small businesses in the immediate area can request a carry-out delivered by calling the church at 533-4996 on the day of the meal or Diane at 533-2330.
Chicken noodles served Monday
ALEXANDRIA — Chicken noodles will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday at Church Street Commons, 204 W. Church St. Dinners are the second Monday of the month, and proceeds support youth ministry, Heaven’s Wearhouse and the after-school tutoring program.
For deliveries, call 623-5380.
Dane Clark concert tonight
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines