Church celebrates pre-anniversary
ANDERSON — Gospel High Lights plans its 38th year pre-anniversary celebration at 4 p.m. Sunday at Anderson Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 2008 Dr. J.T. Menifee St.
John Lacy and The Gospel Sensations of Indianapolis will be special guests, along with Anderson Zion Baptist Male choirs, James Warner III and Keisha Warner and Company, Brother Terry Criest, Sister Tonya Kelly, Brother John Jackson and Sister Willie Mae Rayford.
Riddles in concert Sunday
ANDERSON — The Riddles will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at Gethsemane Foursquare Church, 2320 E. 38th St.
Holy Week events set at Alex
ALEXANDRIA — A “Journey to Jerusalem” with the Alexandria First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 215 W. Berry St., will be held on Palm Sunday, March 24. The congregation will join with the Alexandria Lutheran Church in the traditional Walk with Palms at 9:30 a.m.
Worship will follow at the two churches, with the adult choir at First Christian presenting the cantata, “Love’s Redeeming Work,” compiled by Helen Eshleman, a friend of Pastor Julia Bratton.
At 6 p.m. March 28, Maundy Thursday services will symbolically follow Jesus’ gift of the Last Supper. The Community Good Friday service will be held at 6 p.m. March 29 at the Alexandria Church of God, 302 N. West St.
On Easter Sunday, March 31, the morning will begin at First Christian with Sunrise Worship at 7 a.m., followed by a continental breakfast sponsored by the Family Life and Evangelism Committee. At 10:30 a.m. the Service of Resurrection will be held including special music by the adult and children’s choirs.
HIS Instrument to present concert
ANDERSON — HIS Instrument from Indiana Wesleyan University will be in concert at Lone Oak Wesleyan Church on Sunday, March 17, at 10:30 a.m. The church is at 486 North County Road 500 W, between Edgewood and Lapel.
Southdale presenting concert, play
ANDERSON — Mitchel Jon will be in concert at 6 p.m. on Sunday at Southdale Church of the Nazarene, 530 W. 53rd St.
He was lead singer for the trio “Three Bridges” and has now gone solo. There will be an afterglow after the concert. All are welcome. For more information call church office at 642-2515.
On Wednesday, March 20 at 7 p.m., Southdale Church of the Nazarene will present BJ Johnston as John Wesley in a performance written by playwright Brad L. Smith. Experience the life and times of John Wesley, the man who rode over 250,000 miles to bring spiritual renewal to England and America.
Weeklong revival services set
ANDERSON — Spring Revival Services will be held at Lighthouse Baptist Church, 2202 Broadway Anderson from March 18 to 24 at 6:30 p.m.
Theere will be a special ordination service for Joseph Baiano on Friday March 22. Travel arrangements can be made at 610-5143.
Downing to be at Eastview Church
ANDERSON — Ann Downing, a soloist on the Gaither Homecoming Video Series will appear Sunday at Eastview Church of the Nazarene, 2552 E. County Road 200 S., Anderson, at 10:30 a.m.
The singer and author, through her Ann Downing Ministries, helps host Ann’s Middle Tennessee Women’s Treat, an annual event in the Nashville area held each spring. For more information contact Pastor Tom Chapman at 644-6472.
Church celebrates pre-anniversary
Supporting limb loss awareness
A small group of amputees gathered for the Second Annual Show Your Mettle Day at Frazier’s Dairy Maid on Friday. The event, which offered free ice cream to amputees thanks to Prevail Prosthetics and Orthotics, served as a meet and greet to help support limb loss awareness in the community.
- Jim Bailey: Now if Grace beats Bethel... Fans in the United States are just now waking up to the complexities of World Cup soccer, which is a lot more popular around the world than it is here.
- Community Briefs: July 24 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- The 'fairest food of all' Rides along the midway and 4-H animals may be a big draw for the county fair, but there's plenty of food people look forward to and indulge in during the Madison County 4-H Fair.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Staying strong during adversity
When doctors told Judy Best she had cancer she was shocked, but she never lost hope.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: July 21
A compilation of community news as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Foreign exchange program builds lasting friendships Paulina Berger returned to her hometown in Olpe, Germany on Friday, but she left something important behind: part of her heart. The 16-year-old spent a year living with three host families in Anderson as part of the Rotary Youth Exchange program.
- Work underway to restore ISU's Normal Hall The sounds of heavy equipment, impact drills and even a large wrecking ball are evidence of a renovation underway at Normal Hall, Indiana State University's oldest academic building.
- More Community Headlines
- Supporting limb loss awareness