Big Band series tickets on sale
ANDERSON — Tickets are on sale for the Paramount Big Band Series featuring Carolyn Martin’s Swing Band. This new generation band from Nashville, Tenn. brings big band music into the 21st century. The performance is 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 16.
Tickets are $25 and are available at the Paramount Box office, by phone at 642-1234, or online at www.andersonparamount.org. Students with current ID can purchase a ticket for a single concert for only $10.
Flea Boutique & Yart sale is May 25
ANDERSON — Ernie’s Heart Flea Boutique & Yart Sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 25.
If you’re downsizing, spring cleaning, or going through things and would like to donate, items may be dropped off at 610 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson, at Attention 2 Detail or by calling 425-5407 to arrange drop off.
There will be home decor, furniture, wall art, lamps, mirrors, housewares, purses, jewelry, accessories, tools, yard and garden items. Original artwork and crafts from artists and craftspeople are also accepted as well as repurposed, upcycled, restored and transformed pieces.
Anderson set for Honeywell Center
WABASH — Legendary singer/songwriter Bill Anderson will be in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at the Honeywell Center in Wabash.
Bill Anderson, known as “Whispering Bill,” is a million-album selling recording artist many times over, and has added television game show host and network soap opera star to his resume.
Tickets are $25, $35, and $50, and can be purchased at the box office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling (260) 563-1102 or by visiting www.honeywellcenter.org.
AHS Class of ‘47 meeting for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1947 will meet for its monthly luncheon at 11 a.m. Thursday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson.
All class member and friends are welcome.
Gardeners to hold plant sale
ALEXANDRIA — The Madison County Master Gardener Association will hold its annual plant sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at the 4-H Building in Alexandria.
Offered will be perennials, bushes, trees, annuals, vegetable plants, herbs and miscellaneous. Proceeds are used to provide scholarships for college students majoring in horticultural studies.
For more information contact Errol Grant, president of MCMGA at 621-2576.
Mainstage Theatre holds auditions
ANDERSON — Auditions will be held this weekend for Anderson’s Mainstage Theatre production of “The Comedy of Errors.”
Auditions are 3-5 p.m. May 11-12 at Central Christian Church, 10th & Jackson streets, Anderson.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for another time.
Find audition information and more at www.mainstagetheatre.org
Big Band series tickets on sale
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines