Prayer fellowship Monday
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Vermillion Place, 449 N. Main St.
For more information call Karen at 765-622-7825 or Jewel at 278-3758.
Revival set for April 4-6
ANDERSON — Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will have a three-day revival from April 4 to 6 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. The Riddells will provide the music each night. Rev. Tim Cunningham of Kings Chapel will be preaching.
For more information call 765-643-4827.
Easter Sunday service planned
ANDERSON — Bethany Baptist Church, 323 School St., will have Easter/Resurrection services Sunday with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m.
For bus service call the church office at 649-7300 before Sunday.
Easter services at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 North Madison Ave., will celebrate the resurrection at 9:30 a.m. with worship. Accompanying the hymns will be a brass ensemble from Anderson High School, pianist Cindy Blake and organist Jan Baker. The Sanctuary Choir, under the direction of Genell Keown, will sing “On the Third Day” by Allen Pote, accompanied by the brass ensemble, timpani and piano.
The Easter Sunrise service will begin at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast in Wesley Hall at 8:15 a.m. Sunday School classes for all ages will follow at 11 a.m.
Church of the Brethren services
ANDERSON — Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N Scatterfield Rd., will have an Easter Sunday sunrise service at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast and Easter egg hunt at 8:30 a.m. and morning worship at 9:30 a.m.
Daleville Christian celebrates Easter
DALEVILLE — Services are planned for Easter Sunday at Daleville Christian Church. Sunrise Services at 7 a.m. and Regular (Easter) service at 9 a.m. with traditional style worship.
Central Christian adds Sunrise service
ANDERSON — Central Christian, of 10th and Jackson streets, will add a 7:30 a.m. service on Easter Sunday.
This Sunrise service will be held in Schuster Chapel. Celebration Worship will be at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary.
Park Place services planned
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will have a 10:30 a.m. Easter worship service featuring the Sanctuary Choir and the Park Place Worship Team.
‘Your Easter Story’ Sunday
ANDERSON — “Your Easter Story”, a dramatic presentation will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Celebration Church at Arrow Heights, 1120 Arrow Ave. Lead pastor is Mike Thigpen.
Come as you are — casual attire acceptable.
Easter presentation Sunday
ANDERSON — East Lynn Christian Church, 522 E. 53rd St., will host Easter festivities at 7:30 a.m. Sunday with its Easter Sunrise service. “The Glorious Rainbow of Easter,” is planned and will be put on by the Youth group.
Easter breakfast served by the Diaconate, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sunday school will be held at 9:30 a.m. followed by Easter worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The Rev. Susan M. Cameron will preach “No Shadows Now! Jesus Lives!” based on John 20:1-18, the Chancel Choir will sing “In This Tomb.”
Easter program Sunday
ANDERSON — New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., youth will present their annual Easter progam at 4 p.m. Sunday. Speaker will be Rev. Alexander of the Antioch MBC of Muncie.
Mt. Pilgrim presents ‘Jesus is Alive’
ANDERSON — Mount Pilgrim Church will present “Jesus is Alive!” Easter program on Sunday. Song selections by God’s Little Angels. Sunday school skit: “Mary, he’s not here!?” Mount Pilgrim Youth skit: “Forgive me Lord we didn’t know it was you.”
The Easter sermon will be “Signed Sealed Delivered,” by Minister Cynthia Hiatt.
Church school starts at 9:30 a.m., with donuts, coffee and juice at 10:30 a.m. Easter service set for 11 a.m.
Host pastor is Dr. Thomas J. Robinson.
Musical set at Glad Tidings
ANDERSON — “In The Presence of Jehovah," a musical presentation with DVD by the Glad Tidings Choir., will be presented at 3 p.m. Saturday at Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Sunday Sunrise service presenting “He Lives” musical at 8:30 a.m. followed by Breakfast in Galilee and a repeat performance of “In The Presence of Jehovah” at the 10:30 a.m. service. Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Prayer fellowship Monday
Crossing over to Christianity
Tim Hanshew lives by 1 Corinthians 1:18: “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” For the past six years, he has shared that power by carrying a large wooden cross throughout Anderson.
2014 Debutante Cotillion participants
The 11 participants in this year’s Debutante Cotillion Beautillion Militaire were asked a variety of questions, including their influences, words that describe themselves and favorite “words to live by.” The event begins at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Madison Park Church of God, 6607 Providence Drive. Call Antoinette Davis at 620-2229 for tickets, which are $270 per table or $30 each.
- Location, location, location When imagining the house of a farmer, people don’t tend to envision the home built by George and Nancy Likens. By pouring time and attention into their haven since they originally constructed the house in 1975, they have created an updated and lovely environment in the perfect setting.
- Theresa Timmons: Dinosaurs run amok at mamaw's house I love my new job as a grandparent. It includes playing imaginary tennis with imaginary tennis rackets, making elaborate tents in the living room, and hair-pulling.
- Reliving the Orestes tornado of 1922 Spring is a time of new life and hope. A time when grass becomes green and flowers begin to bloom. But with the beauty of the season often comes the arrival of devastating storms. The spring of 1922 was no exception to the residents of Orestes.
- Back in the News: April 20 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers. 10 Years Ago – 2004 April 21 – The Edgewood Baptist Church now is completely inside the town limits of Edgewood. The Town Council made it o
- 14th annual dog walkathon at Shadyside Park The Madison County Humane Society will host its 14th annual dog walkathon on Saturday, May 3. The walk will be at Shadyside Park between 8 a.m. and noon (rain or shine.
- Maleah Stringer: Volunteers needed to spend time with shelter animals Shelters can be extremely stressful places for many animals, particularly those who have been in a loving home. This is why we want people to come into the shelter and spend time with our animals — to help keep them adoptable so that when the right person comes along they are ready.
- Community Briefs: April 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Jim Bailey: Wages were much less back then, but so were prices If you have any questions about what economists mean by inflation, just look at yesterday’s buying power. Those old western movies talked about wages of $1 a day. That wouldn’t even buy a burger at a fast food joint today by the time sales tax is added in.
- More Community Headlines
- Crossing over to Christianity