Prayer fellowship Monday
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Vermillion Place, 449 N. Main St.
For more information call Karen at 765-622-7825 or Jewel at 278-3758.
Revival set for April 4-6
ANDERSON — Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will have a three-day revival from April 4 to 6 with services at 7 p.m. nightly. The Riddells will provide the music each night. Rev. Tim Cunningham of Kings Chapel will be preaching.
For more information call 765-643-4827.
Easter Sunday service planned
ANDERSON — Bethany Baptist Church, 323 School St., will have Easter/Resurrection services Sunday with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m.
For bus service call the church office at 649-7300 before Sunday.
Easter services at St. Matthew
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 North Madison Ave., will celebrate the resurrection at 9:30 a.m. with worship. Accompanying the hymns will be a brass ensemble from Anderson High School, pianist Cindy Blake and organist Jan Baker. The Sanctuary Choir, under the direction of Genell Keown, will sing “On the Third Day” by Allen Pote, accompanied by the brass ensemble, timpani and piano.
The Easter Sunrise service will begin at 7:30 a.m. followed by breakfast in Wesley Hall at 8:15 a.m. Sunday School classes for all ages will follow at 11 a.m.
Church of the Brethren services
ANDERSON — Anderson Church of the Brethren, 741 N Scatterfield Rd., will have an Easter Sunday sunrise service at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast and Easter egg hunt at 8:30 a.m. and morning worship at 9:30 a.m.
Daleville Christian celebrates Easter
DALEVILLE — Services are planned for Easter Sunday at Daleville Christian Church. Sunrise Services at 7 a.m. and Regular (Easter) service at 9 a.m. with traditional style worship.
Central Christian adds Sunrise service
ANDERSON — Central Christian, of 10th and Jackson streets, will add a 7:30 a.m. service on Easter Sunday.
This Sunrise service will be held in Schuster Chapel. Celebration Worship will be at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary.
Park Place services planned
ANDERSON — Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, will have a 10:30 a.m. Easter worship service featuring the Sanctuary Choir and the Park Place Worship Team.
‘Your Easter Story’ Sunday
ANDERSON — “Your Easter Story”, a dramatic presentation will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday at Celebration Church at Arrow Heights, 1120 Arrow Ave. Lead pastor is Mike Thigpen.
Come as you are — casual attire acceptable.
Easter presentation Sunday
ANDERSON — East Lynn Christian Church, 522 E. 53rd St., will host Easter festivities at 7:30 a.m. Sunday with its Easter Sunrise service. “The Glorious Rainbow of Easter,” is planned and will be put on by the Youth group.
Easter breakfast served by the Diaconate, will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sunday school will be held at 9:30 a.m. followed by Easter worship service at 10:30 a.m.
The Rev. Susan M. Cameron will preach “No Shadows Now! Jesus Lives!” based on John 20:1-18, the Chancel Choir will sing “In This Tomb.”
Easter program Sunday
ANDERSON — New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 2318 Sheridan St., youth will present their annual Easter progam at 4 p.m. Sunday. Speaker will be Rev. Alexander of the Antioch MBC of Muncie.
Mt. Pilgrim presents ‘Jesus is Alive’
ANDERSON — Mount Pilgrim Church will present “Jesus is Alive!” Easter program on Sunday. Song selections by God’s Little Angels. Sunday school skit: “Mary, he’s not here!?” Mount Pilgrim Youth skit: “Forgive me Lord we didn’t know it was you.”
The Easter sermon will be “Signed Sealed Delivered,” by Minister Cynthia Hiatt.
Church school starts at 9:30 a.m., with donuts, coffee and juice at 10:30 a.m. Easter service set for 11 a.m.
Host pastor is Dr. Thomas J. Robinson.
Musical set at Glad Tidings
ANDERSON — “In The Presence of Jehovah," a musical presentation with DVD by the Glad Tidings Choir., will be presented at 3 p.m. Saturday at Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Sunday Sunrise service presenting “He Lives” musical at 8:30 a.m. followed by Breakfast in Galilee and a repeat performance of “In The Presence of Jehovah” at the 10:30 a.m. service. Glad Tidings Assembly of God, 815 School St.
Prayer fellowship Monday
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Helping Madison County in the Book Nook
With its warm lights, comfy chairs and jigsaw puzzles in frames on full display, the Book Nook is an inviting place to discover faraway lands, new worlds and dig into a character’s deepest thoughts.
- From California dreamin’ to midwest living Some things most Hoosiers take for granted – like watching lightning bugs blink over a cornfield or experiencing the peace and quiet of an evening in the country – other folks in the United States have never experienced.
- Ghost stories abound in Madison County Since ancient times, ghost stories have figured prominently in the folklore of many cultures around the world. Ghost stories of Madison County date back to the 1800s and are as popular as ever today.
- Back in the News: Aug. 17 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- More Community Headlines