Luke Bryan tickets on sale Friday
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. for the July 21 Luke Bryant concert at Klipsch Music Center.
Special guests will be Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line.
Reserved pavilion and Harrison College Lawn tickets, plus applicable fees, go on sale Friday, March 15 at 10 a.m. and will be available at the Taco Bell Box Office at Klipsch Music Center, Ticketmaster, participating Wal-Mart locations or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.
St. Paddy senior dance Saturday
ANDERSON — A St. Patrick’s Day dance for seniors is planned from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road.
Buddy Patterson will entertain and the cost is $6 per person with $1 off for AARP and RCC members.
For more information contact Darrell Baylor at 644-7177.
Lenten Breakfast Series continues
ANDERSON — The fifth installment of this year’s Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday at First Baptist, 907 N. Raible Ave., Anderson.
Music will be provided by Carl Erskine and Friends.
All men, young and old are invited to attend. Total cost: freewill donations only.
Attendees are asked to bring a nonperishable food item for Operation Love.
Tasting tour scheduled
ALEXANDRIA — Experience a taste of the world at the annual International Tasting Tour on Wednesday, March 27 between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Madison County 4-H Farm Bureau Building in Alexandria.
The Madison County Extension Homemakers will be featuring foods and educational highlights from a variety of countries including: Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, Ivory Coast, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Romania, Switzerland, Wales.
This is a come-and-go event that is free and open to the public. Donations are welcome.
Beverages will be available at a nominal fee. A booklet of International recipes will be provided. Groups are encouraged to attend.
AHS Class of ‘53 meets for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1953 and guests meet for lunch at MCL Cafeteria at Mounds Mall at 11:30 a.m. the third Monday of each month.
This month’s meeting will be March 18.
Library offers sign language program
SUMMITVILLE — The new Mommy & Me/Daddy & Me program at Hazelbaker Library in Summitville offers a chance to network with other moms and dads in the area. You will learn how to use basic sign language with your baby. The program is for newborn to 3 years of age and is held the second and fourth Monday of each month at 10:30 a.m.
Call 536-2335 for more information.
Alex library holding book sale
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria-Monroe Public Library will holding its spring book sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the second floor book storage area.
Proceeds from the sale are used to support the many library programming efforts throughout the year such as children’s story times, teen events, author visits, summer reading programs and programs designed especially for seniors.
For more information, contact the library at 724-2196.
Luke Bryan tickets on sale Friday
- Mounds camps offer outdoor fun "Can toads go in the pool?" It's one of the many questions Douglass and other interpretive naturalists received during Naturalists Day Camp, the second of three day camps Mounds Park is offering this summer.
- Verna Davis: Seek peace by turning from evil and doing good There's something we all want: peace. World peace. Family peace. Personal peace. We yearn for peace, a feeling of freedom from commotion and antagonism, of harmony in our relationships, of lack of strife or dissension. What would we do to have peace in our lives?
- Church News: July 26 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Community Briefs: July 25 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Review: Musical takes you back to being '13'
Wanting to kill your mom and pining for a Wonderbra are typical desires young teenage girls have, but that just scratches the surface of the relatable themes in Mainstage Theatre’s production of “13: The Musical.”
Live music: July 25
Live entertainment at local venues as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Supporting limb loss awareness
A small group of amputees gathered for the Second Annual Show Your Mettle Day at Frazier’s Dairy Maid on Friday. The event, which offered free ice cream to amputees thanks to Prevail Prosthetics and Orthotics, served as a meet and greet to help support limb loss awareness in the community.
- Jim Bailey: Now if Grace beats Bethel... Fans in the United States are just now waking up to the complexities of World Cup soccer, which is a lot more popular around the world than it is here.
- Community Briefs: July 24 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- The 'fairest food of all' Rides along the midway and 4-H animals may be a big draw for the county fair, but there's plenty of food people look forward to and indulge in during the Madison County 4-H Fair.
- More Community Headlines