Luke Bryan tickets on sale Friday
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. for the July 21 Luke Bryant concert at Klipsch Music Center.
Special guests will be Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line.
Reserved pavilion and Harrison College Lawn tickets, plus applicable fees, go on sale Friday, March 15 at 10 a.m. and will be available at the Taco Bell Box Office at Klipsch Music Center, Ticketmaster, participating Wal-Mart locations or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.
St. Paddy senior dance Saturday
ANDERSON — A St. Patrick’s Day dance for seniors is planned from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road.
Buddy Patterson will entertain and the cost is $6 per person with $1 off for AARP and RCC members.
For more information contact Darrell Baylor at 644-7177.
Lenten Breakfast Series continues
ANDERSON — The fifth installment of this year’s Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday at First Baptist, 907 N. Raible Ave., Anderson.
Music will be provided by Carl Erskine and Friends.
All men, young and old are invited to attend. Total cost: freewill donations only.
Attendees are asked to bring a nonperishable food item for Operation Love.
Tasting tour scheduled
ALEXANDRIA — Experience a taste of the world at the annual International Tasting Tour on Wednesday, March 27 between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Madison County 4-H Farm Bureau Building in Alexandria.
The Madison County Extension Homemakers will be featuring foods and educational highlights from a variety of countries including: Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, Ivory Coast, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Romania, Switzerland, Wales.
This is a come-and-go event that is free and open to the public. Donations are welcome.
Beverages will be available at a nominal fee. A booklet of International recipes will be provided. Groups are encouraged to attend.
AHS Class of ‘53 meets for lunch
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1953 and guests meet for lunch at MCL Cafeteria at Mounds Mall at 11:30 a.m. the third Monday of each month.
This month’s meeting will be March 18.
Library offers sign language program
SUMMITVILLE — The new Mommy & Me/Daddy & Me program at Hazelbaker Library in Summitville offers a chance to network with other moms and dads in the area. You will learn how to use basic sign language with your baby. The program is for newborn to 3 years of age and is held the second and fourth Monday of each month at 10:30 a.m.
Call 536-2335 for more information.
Alex library holding book sale
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria-Monroe Public Library will holding its spring book sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the second floor book storage area.
Proceeds from the sale are used to support the many library programming efforts throughout the year such as children’s story times, teen events, author visits, summer reading programs and programs designed especially for seniors.
For more information, contact the library at 724-2196.
Luke Bryan tickets on sale Friday
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
- Lenten breakfast series kicks off March 8 The Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series will begin at 7:15 a.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Ninth St.
- Community Briefs: March 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: March 5
A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
MCHS' goal: Finding forever homes for all animals
This morning when I opened my e-mail I had a message from Andrea Valois of Chicago. In the email was a picture from the Chicago Tribune of a beautiful Schnauzer named Charlie. Her message to me was, “we thank you for all the work you do in finding forever homes for animals.”
- More Community Headlines