Ovid Church hosting Dan’s Fish Fry
OVID — A Dan’s Fish Fry will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday at Ovid Community Church, 793 E. 600S, Anderson.
The dinner is sponsored by the Ovid Community Church Mission Team. The group will take its third mission trip to the Philippines in January 2014 and work with families who live in the area surrounding the city dump in Iloilo. They hope to assist with providing and installing watch catchments systems for these families. The water is grossly contaminated in the wells of this area.
VFW serving up Friday dinners
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host Friday night dinners from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in April. Dates and menus follow.
April 5 — All-you-can-eat breakfast for dinner with eggs (cooked to order), bacon, sausage, pancakes, potatoes, and biscuits and sausage gravy, $7.
April 12 — All-you-can-eat fish, French fries, slaw and roll, $8.
April 19 — Steak, baked potato, slaw and roll, $10.
1959 area graduates to lunch at Rigo’s
ANDERSON — On Tuesday, area 1959 high school classmates and their guests are invited to lunch at Rigo’s of Grandview golf course at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, call Bob Jackson 642-4049 or Sandy Flowers 642-1445.
Program promotes healthy lifestyle
ANDERSON — St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital is taking registrations for the Choose to Lose health and weight management program.
St. Vincent Anderson and the Anderson YMCA are partnering to offer this program for individuals who want to lose weight and lead healthier lives.
The eight-week program meets Wednesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. beginning May 1 at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital. Registration deadline is April 26. Space is limited. Call 646-8669. The $50 cost includes a one-week free pass for the YMCA, including the cardio and weight rooms, and swimming pool. Free glucose and cholesterol screenings will be conducted.
Lapel Elementary forming garden club
LAPEL — The first organizational meeting of the Lapel Elementary Garden Club will take place at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, in the teachers’ lounge of Lapel Elementary School.
The club is newly formed venture between teachers, students, parents, and community members interested in growing, learning about, and maintaining a small vegetable and herb garden plot on the school grounds.
For more information, call Susan Metzger at 534-3978 or Tiffany Smith at 620-4964.
Ovid Church hosting Dan’s Fish Fry
Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit
A layover in Japan more than three decades ago changed the course of New York-based artist Gloria Garfinkel’s work for the rest of her life. The Anderson Center for the Arts opened its latest exhibit featuring Garfinkel’s work Wednesday, and it will run until June 13.
- Community Briefs: April 25 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 25 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 25-27.
- Live music: April 25 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Annual Bids for Kids auction starts Friday
Breaking the cycle of child abuse is one of the most difficult things to do, but the people of Madison County aren’t ready to give up trying.
- Jim Bailey: Figuring out how to have the good in life without the bad Most of us have had those faith-shaking episodes in our lives. The tragic episodes that leave us wondering what life is all about.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Spotlight on the kids When pianist Nathan Cook started volunteering for the special education program at Anderson High School, he started mulling over ideas how he could do more to help.
Food Truckin' Thursday returns
A new favorite that combines food and cars is rolling back into town next week. Food Truckin' Thursday starts back up May 1. For about six months, local vendors will pull up their food trucks to Citizens Park Plaza at Ninth and Main streets from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines
- Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit