Chicken noodles dinner April 17
ANDERSON — North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N, will host a chicken noodles dinner from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
A freewill donation will be accepted.
Lunafest to feature films about women
ANDERSON — A program of nine short films all by, for and about women will be shown at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at The Anderson Center for the Arts, 32 W. 10th St. Lunafest is being sponsored by Soroptimist International of Anderson.
The films celebrate the unique and inspirational roles of women in local, national and international communities.
All of the event’s proceeds are donated to charity, benefiting The Breast Cancer Fund and other Soroptimist projects including educational grants for women and girls.
Doors will open at 1 p.m. for snacks and silent auction.
Tickets are $20 through Soroptimist members or by calling 642-6734.
Retired secretaries to gather for lunch
ANDERSON — Retired secretaries of Anderson Community Schools will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Monday at the MCL Cafeteria in Mounds Mall.
The group meets the second Monday of each month.
For more information, call N. Bradford at 643-4444.
All-you-can-eat soup supper on Saturday
ANDERSON — Cross Roads United Methodist Church, 2000 N. Scatterfield Road, will host an all-you-can-eat soup supper from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
The menu includes potato soup, chili, ham and beans, vegetable soup, green pepper soup, chicken noodle soup, corn muffins, crackers, dessert and drink.
Cost is $6.50 for 12 and over; $4 for children 5-11; and children under 4 eat free. Carryout meals will be available.
For more information, call 642-8061 or 642-3423.
School honor society to have fundraiser
CHESTERFIELD — The National Honor Society at Daleville High School will host its second Dairy Queen night on Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m.
Ten percent of all of the sales will be donated to the scholarship fund for a graduating senior at Daleville High School.
Chicken noodles dinner April 17
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together United Way of Madison County decided to encourage the community to pull together – literally.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historical Society opens camera, photography exhibit Photos freeze moments in time to look back on, and now the public can catch a glimpse at how photographic technology has evolved.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines