Pollard graduates at Lackland AFB
SAN ANTONIO — Air Force Airman 1st Class Michael S. Pollard graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
The airman completed an eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Pollard is the son of Tamara Pollard of Chesterfield, and grandson of Vivian Hollars of Anderson.
He is a 2012 graduate of Anderson High School.
Wedmore completes basic training
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Army Pvt. Jason L. Wedmore Jr. graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises.
Wedmore is the son of Mary Finley Wedmore and Jason Wedmore, Summitville.
He is a 2012 graduate of Madison-Grant High School, Fairmount.
Pollard graduates at Lackland AFB
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines