Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center, 403 W. 22nd St., will host its pre-anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The theme is “Faithful Servant — Faithful Church,” Hebrews 6:10-12.
Pastor L.D. Clay and New Liberty Baptist Church of Muncie will be the guests.
‘Friends and Family Day’ celebrated
ANDERSON — Allen Chapel AME Church, 1610 Sheridan St., will have its annual “Friends and Family Day” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
The volunteers of the Caring/Sharing Clothes Closest will be honored. All are welcome. Rev. John L. Lambert is the pastor.
Church has first service Saturday evening
ANDERSON — Great Light, a new Pentecostal Hispanic church, 317 Marine Drive, will have its first service at 7 p.m. Saturday evening. Services will be in Spanish with an English interpreter.
Manuel Silva is pastor of the church.
Branson speaker at AU chapel
ANDERSON — Robert Branson, Adjunct Faculty at Anderson University School of Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of our preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on creation. MaryAnn Hawkins will lead worship and Mary Baker will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Prayer fellowship Feb. 4
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County Area 8 will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
Host church is Wallace Temple AME Zion, 1518 Forkner St.
For more information call Jewel 278-3758 or Janet 778-3897.
Winter Fellowship Service Sunday
ANDERSON — At 5 p.m. Sunday New Life Apostolic Church, 2230 Jefferson St., will host a Winter Fellowship Service with District Elder David Birchett of Christ Temple, Marion.
Lead pastor is Pastor John G. Jones.
Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
- Restoring purity For almost three years, Restoration Fellowship Ministries in Anderson has tried to be a safe haven for local girls to talk about issues adolescents face.
- Casting Jesus: Did he really look like Brad Pitt? Those who study religion as portrayed in popular culture note that depicting Jesus on the screen has always been a tricky business, one that balances weighty theological concerns — how divine to make the son of God, and how human? —with more earthly ones, like how best to sell movie tickets?
- Verna Davis: Be careful with the power of your words Recently, driving home from work, I was thinking about two incidents, one fiction, one real, that both bore out the same truth: Words have power.
- Church News: March 8 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Community Briefs: March 7 A compilation of community news as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
- More Community Headlines