Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center, 403 W. 22nd St., will host its pre-anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The theme is “Faithful Servant — Faithful Church,” Hebrews 6:10-12.
Pastor L.D. Clay and New Liberty Baptist Church of Muncie will be the guests.
‘Friends and Family Day’ celebrated
ANDERSON — Allen Chapel AME Church, 1610 Sheridan St., will have its annual “Friends and Family Day” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
The volunteers of the Caring/Sharing Clothes Closest will be honored. All are welcome. Rev. John L. Lambert is the pastor.
Church has first service Saturday evening
ANDERSON — Great Light, a new Pentecostal Hispanic church, 317 Marine Drive, will have its first service at 7 p.m. Saturday evening. Services will be in Spanish with an English interpreter.
Manuel Silva is pastor of the church.
Branson speaker at AU chapel
ANDERSON — Robert Branson, Adjunct Faculty at Anderson University School of Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of our preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on creation. MaryAnn Hawkins will lead worship and Mary Baker will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Prayer fellowship Feb. 4
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County Area 8 will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
Host church is Wallace Temple AME Zion, 1518 Forkner St.
For more information call Jewel 278-3758 or Janet 778-3897.
Winter Fellowship Service Sunday
ANDERSON — At 5 p.m. Sunday New Life Apostolic Church, 2230 Jefferson St., will host a Winter Fellowship Service with District Elder David Birchett of Christ Temple, Marion.
Lead pastor is Pastor John G. Jones.
Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines