Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center, 403 W. 22nd St., will host its pre-anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The theme is “Faithful Servant — Faithful Church,” Hebrews 6:10-12.
Pastor L.D. Clay and New Liberty Baptist Church of Muncie will be the guests.
‘Friends and Family Day’ celebrated
ANDERSON — Allen Chapel AME Church, 1610 Sheridan St., will have its annual “Friends and Family Day” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
The volunteers of the Caring/Sharing Clothes Closest will be honored. All are welcome. Rev. John L. Lambert is the pastor.
Church has first service Saturday evening
ANDERSON — Great Light, a new Pentecostal Hispanic church, 317 Marine Drive, will have its first service at 7 p.m. Saturday evening. Services will be in Spanish with an English interpreter.
Manuel Silva is pastor of the church.
Branson speaker at AU chapel
ANDERSON — Robert Branson, Adjunct Faculty at Anderson University School of Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of our preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on creation. MaryAnn Hawkins will lead worship and Mary Baker will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Prayer fellowship Feb. 4
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County Area 8 will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
Host church is Wallace Temple AME Zion, 1518 Forkner St.
For more information call Jewel 278-3758 or Janet 778-3897.
Winter Fellowship Service Sunday
ANDERSON — At 5 p.m. Sunday New Life Apostolic Church, 2230 Jefferson St., will host a Winter Fellowship Service with District Elder David Birchett of Christ Temple, Marion.
Lead pastor is Pastor John G. Jones.
Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
- Relationships for God Jerry Hilligoss, the pastor at Florida Station Church of God, said he’s learned over the last 18 years not to beat people over the head with the Bible.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 23 A compilation of community news as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Verna Davis: God's got an 'unfolding' for you How many of us are reluctant to follow God’s leading because it might take us to places we didn’t want to go? How many of us are so “in tune” with God that we hear can so easily hear his voice of encouragement?
- Church News: Aug. 23 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together United Way of Madison County decided to encourage the community to pull together – literally.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historical Society opens camera, photography exhibit Photos freeze moments in time to look back on, and now the public can catch a glimpse at how photographic technology has evolved.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines