Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
ANDERSON — New Birth Worship Center, 403 W. 22nd St., will host its pre-anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The theme is “Faithful Servant — Faithful Church,” Hebrews 6:10-12.
Pastor L.D. Clay and New Liberty Baptist Church of Muncie will be the guests.
‘Friends and Family Day’ celebrated
ANDERSON — Allen Chapel AME Church, 1610 Sheridan St., will have its annual “Friends and Family Day” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
The volunteers of the Caring/Sharing Clothes Closest will be honored. All are welcome. Rev. John L. Lambert is the pastor.
Church has first service Saturday evening
ANDERSON — Great Light, a new Pentecostal Hispanic church, 317 Marine Drive, will have its first service at 7 p.m. Saturday evening. Services will be in Spanish with an English interpreter.
Manuel Silva is pastor of the church.
Branson speaker at AU chapel
ANDERSON — Robert Branson, Adjunct Faculty at Anderson University School of Theology, will be preaching at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. As part of our preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on creation. MaryAnn Hawkins will lead worship and Mary Baker will serve as Chaplain in Residence.
Prayer fellowship Feb. 4
ANDERSON — Church Women United of Madison County Area 8 will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
Host church is Wallace Temple AME Zion, 1518 Forkner St.
For more information call Jewel 278-3758 or Janet 778-3897.
Winter Fellowship Service Sunday
ANDERSON — At 5 p.m. Sunday New Life Apostolic Church, 2230 Jefferson St., will host a Winter Fellowship Service with District Elder David Birchett of Christ Temple, Marion.
Lead pastor is Pastor John G. Jones.
Pre-anniversary celebration Sunday
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- More Community Headlines