Leeper completes Navy training
GREAT LAKES, Ill. — Navy Seaman Recruit Wesley A. Leeper, son of Heather L. and Daryn T. Leeper of Alexandria, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Leeper completed a variety of training which included classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness.
The capstone event of boot camp is “Battle Stations.” This exercise gives recruits the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the fleet. “Battle Stations” is designed to galvanize the basic warrior attributes of sacrifice, dedication, teamwork and endurance in each recruit through the practical application of basic Navy skills and the core values of Honor, Courage and Commitment. Its distinctly ‘’Navy’’ flavor was designed to take into account what it means to be a Sailor.
Leeper completes Navy training
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines