The 4-H Fair Queen Pageant is to be held tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the fairgrounds in Alexandria. Here are short bios for each of the candidates.
Caitlyn Anne Graybill
Shania Elaine Ray
- Healthy living starts in 'Beginnings' class Eating an apple a day may keep the doctor away, but Susan Landess is doing more than focusing on her own wellness — she’s teaching others how to live healthier.
Loss leads to foundation
For all parents, the loss of a child is not something they ever want to think about and pray it is something they never have to deal with. Unfortunately, it is something many couples everywhere have to deal with.
- Community Briefs: March 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Community Briefs: March 11 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Managing pain is Howe's specialty Dr. Charles Howe said trying to define pain is like trying to define love. Both love and pain are experienced and defined on an individual basis which often varies in both intensity and scope from person to person.
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines