Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
ANDERSON — The next luncheon of the area 1959 high school classmates will be held today at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Classmates and guests are invited to attend. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Rigo’s. For more information call Bob Jackson, 642-4049, or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
Fundraiser set for Sanders family
ANDERSON — The Sanders Strong Racers Auction will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Anderson Speedway in support of the Jesse Sanders family.
Sanders, 29, of Greenfield, passed away in March. A 2002 graduate of Knightstown High School, he was an avid NASCAR fan.
He left behind a wife and three children. All proceeds from the day’s event will go to the family.
Registration begins at noon. To donate to the cause, contact Pamela Neal at (317) 383-7355.
The Wrights perform in concert May 16
ALEXANDRIA — Woody and Vonnie Wright will present “Would He Write” on Thursday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. at Gaither Family Resources, 1617 S. Park Ave., Alexandria.
Cost is $25 per person and includes the musical program, meal and special prize drawing.
For reservations call (800) 520-4664 or 724-8405, selection option 5.
AHS class of ‘66 meets Wednesday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1966 will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
For information contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362 or Jane Barker at 378-3991.
Frankton festival dates set for 2013
FRANKTON — The Frankton Heritage Days/Balloon Extravaganza will be held Sept. 20-22.
The event will celebrate 38 years of festival fun. This year’s event offers new and fun events for the entire family. Visit heritagedays.org for more information and events.
Fish dinners to be served up Friday
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat fish dinner will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu will include Alaskan pollock, cole slaw, baked bean, green beans, and rolls. Cost is $8 with carry-out available.
AHS Class of ‘62 to hold luncheon
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will have its monthly luncheon on Friday at The Edge restaurant at 11 a.m.
Classmates and spouses are invited to attend.
Preschool holding open house, sale
ANDERSON — St. John’s Early Literacy Preschool, 310 E. 53rd St., Anderson, will host a Kids’ Stuff Sale and Preschool Open House from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Items will include kids’ clothing, shoes, books, toys and equipment.
Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
- The 'fairest food of all' Rides along the midway and 4-H animals may be a big draw for the county fair, but there's plenty of food people look forward to and indulge in during the Madison County 4-H Fair.
- Community Briefs: July 23 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Staying strong during adversity
When doctors told Judy Best she had cancer she was shocked, but she never lost hope.
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: July 21
A compilation of community news as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Foreign exchange program builds lasting friendships Paulina Berger returned to her hometown in Olpe, Germany on Friday, but she left something important behind: part of her heart. The 16-year-old spent a year living with three host families in Anderson as part of the Rotary Youth Exchange program.
- Work underway to restore ISU's Normal Hall The sounds of heavy equipment, impact drills and even a large wrecking ball are evidence of a renovation underway at Normal Hall, Indiana State University's oldest academic building.
- Finding the light Life after losing a child is like waking up and seeing a hole in the ground. You spend all day circling around the edge, trying not to fall in. It’s a description one of Frank Caldwell’s friends explained to him, a feeling he’s known all too well since his only son, Eric, died in an auto accident in April 2010.
Seven 4-H members vying for 4-H queen title
The following seven 4-H members will vie for the title of the Madison County 4-H Fair Queen at 7:30 p.m. this evening on the Kiwanis Stage at the fairgrounds at Beulah Park.
- Community Briefs: July 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines