Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
ANDERSON — The next luncheon of the area 1959 high school classmates will be held today at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Classmates and guests are invited to attend. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Rigo’s. For more information call Bob Jackson, 642-4049, or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
Fundraiser set for Sanders family
ANDERSON — The Sanders Strong Racers Auction will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Anderson Speedway in support of the Jesse Sanders family.
Sanders, 29, of Greenfield, passed away in March. A 2002 graduate of Knightstown High School, he was an avid NASCAR fan.
He left behind a wife and three children. All proceeds from the day’s event will go to the family.
Registration begins at noon. To donate to the cause, contact Pamela Neal at (317) 383-7355.
The Wrights perform in concert May 16
ALEXANDRIA — Woody and Vonnie Wright will present “Would He Write” on Thursday, May 16, at 6:30 p.m. at Gaither Family Resources, 1617 S. Park Ave., Alexandria.
Cost is $25 per person and includes the musical program, meal and special prize drawing.
For reservations call (800) 520-4664 or 724-8405, selection option 5.
AHS class of ‘66 meets Wednesday
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of 1966 will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Perkins Family Restaurant, 5033 S. Scatterfield Road.
For information contact Dick Dunn at 617-0362 or Jane Barker at 378-3991.
Frankton festival dates set for 2013
FRANKTON — The Frankton Heritage Days/Balloon Extravaganza will be held Sept. 20-22.
The event will celebrate 38 years of festival fun. This year’s event offers new and fun events for the entire family. Visit heritagedays.org for more information and events.
Fish dinners to be served up Friday
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat fish dinner will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu will include Alaskan pollock, cole slaw, baked bean, green beans, and rolls. Cost is $8 with carry-out available.
AHS Class of ‘62 to hold luncheon
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘62 will have its monthly luncheon on Friday at The Edge restaurant at 11 a.m.
Classmates and spouses are invited to attend.
Preschool holding open house, sale
ANDERSON — St. John’s Early Literacy Preschool, 310 E. 53rd St., Anderson, will host a Kids’ Stuff Sale and Preschool Open House from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Items will include kids’ clothing, shoes, books, toys and equipment.
Classes of ‘59 to gather at Rigo’s
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together United Way of Madison County decided to encourage the community to pull together – literally.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historical Society opens camera, photography exhibit Photos freeze moments in time to look back on, and now the public can catch a glimpse at how photographic technology has evolved.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines