Friday, Jan. 25
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
Saturday, Jan. 26
Walking stick workshop, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park visitor center, Anderson.
East Central Roller Derby presents “Harmageddon,” Basking Bombshells v. Manic Misfits, doors open, 5 p.m.; bout, 7:30 p.m., Anderson Roll Arena, 2711 Broadway, Anderson. Proceeds to Madison County Humane Society.
Dancing Like the Stars, 7 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Gretchen Wilson in concert, 7:30 and 11 p.m., Terrace Showroom, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, Anderson.
Friday, Jan. 25
Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit
A layover in Japan more than three decades ago changed the course of New York-based artist Gloria Garfinkel’s work for the rest of her life. The Anderson Center for the Arts opened its latest exhibit featuring Garfinkel’s work Wednesday, and it will run until June 13.
- Community Briefs: April 25 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 25 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 25-27.
- Live music: April 25 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Annual Bids for Kids auction starts Friday
Breaking the cycle of child abuse is one of the most difficult things to do, but the people of Madison County aren’t ready to give up trying.
- Jim Bailey: Figuring out how to have the good in life without the bad Most of us have had those faith-shaking episodes in our lives. The tragic episodes that leave us wondering what life is all about.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Spotlight on the kids When pianist Nathan Cook started volunteering for the special education program at Anderson High School, he started mulling over ideas how he could do more to help.
Food Truckin' Thursday returns
A new favorite that combines food and cars is rolling back into town next week. Food Truckin' Thursday starts back up May 1. For about six months, local vendors will pull up their food trucks to Citizens Park Plaza at Ninth and Main streets from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines
- Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit