VFW serving February dinners
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host Friday night dinners during February.
This Friday, there will be an all-you-can-eat fish dinner with french fries, cole slaw, and a roll for $8. On Feb. 15, a steak dinner with baked potato, salad and roll will be available for $10. On Friday, Feb. 22, they will serve Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, vegetables and a roll for $6.
The post will host a mid-month dinner on Wednesday, Feb. 20, serving ham and beans, fried potatoes and corn bread for $5. All dinners will be served from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
iRead: A New Book Club at the library
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library will host a monthly book club meeting beginning Monday, March 4, at 6 p.m. At the first meeting discussed will be Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows’ “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.”
To borrow a copy of the book, visit the Information Services desk at the Main Library. For more information, visit andersonlibrary.wordpress.com, or contact Liz Osisek at 641-2456 or email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend the meeting but would like to contribute to the conversation, share your thoughts on our blog.
Church sets chicken noodles dinner
ANDERSON — A chicken noodles dinner will be held from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N.
Grocery store program is Feb. 9
PENDLETON — The next “How to Save Money at the Grocery Store” program will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Pendleton Community Library.
Jaime Spearman, a dedicated coupon and member of the library’s coupon club, will teach the basic principles of couponing on a small scale. For more information, call the library at 778-7527.
AMHS to celebrate 50th reunion
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria-Monroe class of 1963 will celebrate its 50th reunion, Sept. 20-21. If you have not received a “save the date” postcard, call 610-8673 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee needs addresses for Steve Robison, Shirley Cordial Potts and Becky Campbell. Anyone having this information, respond to the above contacts.
Area classes of 1959 to meet Tuesday
ANDERSON — The 1959 area high school classmates and their guests are invited to lunch at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday.
Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at Rigo’s.
For information, call Bob Jackson, 642-4049 or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
VFW serving February dinners
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together United Way of Madison County decided to encourage the community to pull together – literally.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historical Society opens camera, photography exhibit Photos freeze moments in time to look back on, and now the public can catch a glimpse at how photographic technology has evolved.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines