VFW serving February dinners
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host Friday night dinners during February.
This Friday, there will be an all-you-can-eat fish dinner with french fries, cole slaw, and a roll for $8. On Feb. 15, a steak dinner with baked potato, salad and roll will be available for $10. On Friday, Feb. 22, they will serve Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, vegetables and a roll for $6.
The post will host a mid-month dinner on Wednesday, Feb. 20, serving ham and beans, fried potatoes and corn bread for $5. All dinners will be served from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
iRead: A New Book Club at the library
ANDERSON — Anderson Public Library will host a monthly book club meeting beginning Monday, March 4, at 6 p.m. At the first meeting discussed will be Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows’ “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.”
To borrow a copy of the book, visit the Information Services desk at the Main Library. For more information, visit andersonlibrary.wordpress.com, or contact Liz Osisek at 641-2456 or email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend the meeting but would like to contribute to the conversation, share your thoughts on our blog.
Church sets chicken noodles dinner
ANDERSON — A chicken noodles dinner will be held from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at North Anderson Wesleyan Church, 1947 E. 240N.
Grocery store program is Feb. 9
PENDLETON — The next “How to Save Money at the Grocery Store” program will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Pendleton Community Library.
Jaime Spearman, a dedicated coupon and member of the library’s coupon club, will teach the basic principles of couponing on a small scale. For more information, call the library at 778-7527.
AMHS to celebrate 50th reunion
ALEXANDRIA — The Alexandria-Monroe class of 1963 will celebrate its 50th reunion, Sept. 20-21. If you have not received a “save the date” postcard, call 610-8673 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee needs addresses for Steve Robison, Shirley Cordial Potts and Becky Campbell. Anyone having this information, respond to the above contacts.
Area classes of 1959 to meet Tuesday
ANDERSON — The 1959 area high school classmates and their guests are invited to lunch at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday.
Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at Rigo’s.
For information, call Bob Jackson, 642-4049 or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
VFW serving February dinners
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- More Community Headlines