Valentine’s banquet set for Friday
LAPEL — Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., will host a Valentine’s Banquet for the community of Lapel and surrounding areas on Friday.
A dinner of ham, potatoes, green beans, slaw, rolls and cake will be served at 6:30 p.m. Childcare will be available. There will be door prizes, games and entertainment.
The church is located at 1219 N. Main St., Lapel. For more information call Thelma at 534-4422.
Bereavement Group meets Feb. 21
ANDERSON — The Bereavement Support Ministry of Bethany Christian Church that normally meets on the second Thursday of each month will not meet today since the date falls on Valentine’s Day.
This month’s meeting will be one week later on Feb. 21. Future meetings will resume on the second Thursday of each month.
Friday dinner will be before game
LAPEL — On Friday, from 5 to 6 p.m., the Lapel High School “Students to England 2013” group will sponsor a chicken and noodle dinner in the commons area of LHS.
Adult prices are $7 and student price is $3.
The price includes chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, a roll and a drink. Desserts will also be available to purchase for $1.50.
The meal takes place before the boy’s high school basketball game with Speedway High School. Tickets may be purchased in advance from participating juniors at LHS or available that evening.
Valentine’s banquet set for Friday
- Remembering this day Meeting a Pearl Harbor survivor enhances the experience of coming to Pearl Harbor for many, historian Daniel Martinez says. It can give people a tangible connection to meet someone who was on site when the bombing happened. Their numbers are dwindling, however.
- Church News: Dec. 7 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Verna Davis: Look for the star that outshines all others Can you name a star? A real star, a star in the sky? Well, there's Vega, the fifth brightest star in the sky, 25 light years from the sun. But then there's that other star. The one mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. The star that was so bright in the night sky that it outshined all other stars.
Anderson's Winterfest kicks off weekend festivities
Madison County residents have plenty of opportunities to get in the holiday spirit this weekend with activities in downtown Anderson, at East Side Church of God and in Lapel.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Weekend calendar: Dec. 6-8
Entertainment activities are scheduled today through Sunday, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Recent donations push fund drive over $1,200
Eight new donations, bringing the total received to $1,205, were received recently for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund, which kicked off Nov. 17:
- Community Briefs: Dec. 6 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Before I die' comes to some parts of Indiana
ANDERSON -- The "Before I die I want to…" craze that's spread across the globe has reached parts of Indiana. Although walls in Anderson haven't been plastered with chalkboard paint, inviting anyone to write their dreams for the public to see, Hoosiers across the state have done just that.
Jim Bailey: Atheist megachurches? May the farce be with you
To some it smacks of the ultimate oxymoron. For others it may be an attempt to adapt what draws strength from religious gatherings for those who choose for their faith not to go beyond themselves.
- More Community Headlines