Flea Boutique and Yard Sale set for May 25
ANDERSON — Ernie’s Heart Flea Boutique & Yard Sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 25.
If you’re downsizing, spring cleaning, or going through things and would like to donate, items may be dropped off at 610 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson, at Attention 2 Detail or by calling 425-5407 to arrange drop off.
There will be home decor, furniture, wall art, lamps, mirrors, housewares, purses, jewelry, accessories, tools, yard and garden items. Original artwork and crafts from artists and craftspeople are also be accepted as well as repurposed, upcycled, restored and transformed pieces.
VFW to host Friday night dinners
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host Friday night dinners from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. during the month of May.
The schedule is;
May 3, baked potato bar, $5
May 10, pork roast with vegetables, $7
May 17, steak, baked potato, and salad with a roll, $9
May 24, salmon patties, macaroni and cheese, fried potatoes, and a roll, $8
May 31, all-you-can-eat spaghetti and meat balls with garlic breadsticks and salad, $6
For more information call 642-8561.
Yorktown Nazarene hosts Dan’s Fish Fry
YORKTOWN — A Dan’s Fish Fry will be held from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Yorktown Church of the Nazarene, 9001 W. Arch St., Yorktown.
Cost is $9 (in advance) and $10 (at the door) for adults; $5 for children (in advance) or $6 (at the door). The prepaid price applies to children 6-12. Children 5 and under eat free.
Carry-out will be available. Proceeds support a Work and Witness trip to Belize.
Pork lunch, bluegrass jam is Sunday
LAPEL — The Daybreak Ladies will host a pulled pork luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, at Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Following the luncheon, from 1 to 4 p.m. there will be a Bluegrass Jam. Bring your instrument and join in the fun. A freewill offering will be taken.
Elks Bingo to host rummage sale
ANDERSON — A rummage sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4 at the Elks Bingo Building, 3841 N. Indiana 9, Anderson.
Reserve a table now: $20/1 day or $35/2 days and up to four tables. Additional tables are $5 each.
For information, call Joe at 623-90398 or the hall at 641-8088 on Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday after 4 p.m.
Make-It, Take-It Class offered
MATTHEWS — The May 11 Homemade from the Heart Class will make chocolate candy, including creamy truffles, just in time for Mother’s Day. The Make-It Take-It class will be taught by Sherri Sarll and Donna Wentz at the Epworth United Methodist Church, 105 W. Eighth St., Matthews, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Class fee is $5 with pre-registration requested by Wednesday, May 8. For information or to reserve a spot, call 998-2365.
Flea Boutique and Yard Sale set for May 25
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines