AHS class of ‘78 to host 35-year reunion
ANDERSON — The Anderson High School Class of ‘78 will hold its 35-year class reunion on Saturday, July 20, at Mounds State Park Pavilion.
A pitch-in will take place from 3 to 10 p.m. RSVP to Dawn (Gerard) Wright via facebook or on the Anderson High School Alumni site.
YMCA to host sleep program
PENDLETON — St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital will offer a free sleep quiz and blood-oxygen measurement on Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Pendleton YMCA, 6511 S. Ind. 67, just past Huntsville Road.
Representatives from The Sleep Center at St.Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital will discuss healthy sleep habits and the effects of obstructive sleep apnea. Many people find relief from sleep apnea by using a positive air pressure device, such as a CPAP. A representative from St.Vincent Home Medical will discuss advancements in making CPAPs more comfortable and quieter. For information, call the YMCA at 221-7508.
Fifth annual Bib and Bucklefest is June 1
POTTSVILLE, Tenn. — The fifth annual Bib and Bucklefest hosted by Alexandria’s Joey Martin and her husband, Rory Feek, will be held at their farmhouse on Saturday, June 1. Due to the growing number of people attending the event each year it has been moved to the field behind their barn.
Gates will open at 1 p.m. and the music begins at 4 p.m. (bring your lawn chairs). There will be food vendors, game, and lots of music. More information is available at www.bibandbucklefest.com.
Golf outing slated for June 2
ANDERSON — Janet and Jimbo’s 21st annual golf outing will be held on Saturday, June 2, at Meadowbrook Golf Course.
Shot gun start at 8 a.m.
A team of four is $50 per person if they pre-register by May 31. After June 1, fee is $55 per player.
For more information visit jimbos.1sta.com or call Jimbo’s at 644-2211.
Farmers Market accepting apps
PENDLETON — The Pendleton Farmers Market open each Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon at Falls Park in Pendleton, will run through Oct. 12.
Throughout the summer there will be special events scheduled during the market. Vendors can contact Jeanette at 208-5791 for an application or information.
The market offers a free booth space by appointment only to non-profit organizations.
Streeter Scholarship Musical is Sunday
ANDERSON — The Dr. Angela H. Streeter Scholarship Musical sponsored by the Metropolitan College of Theology will be held at 5 p.m. Sunday at the Anderson City Building, 120 E. Eighth St., Anderson.
Highlights will be gospel choirs, praise dancers, gospel rap, gospel groups and praise teams.
Founder/president is Dr. James E. Streeter.
For more information contact Lardie Shields, chairperson, at (317) 902-0701. All money will be used for scholarship.
AHS class of ‘78 to host 35-year reunion
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines