The Alexandria Kiwanis Club and the Madison County 4-H Association have announced the 4-H members who are completing 10 years in the 4-H program.
Daughter of Roxanna Bova.
Daughter of Dondeena Haygood.
Son of Doug and Mary Jo Brunt.
Daughter of Chris and Mary Burris.
Son of Randy and Patricia Cawthorn.
Daughter of Rob and Barbara Church.
Son of Amy Danner.
Daughter of Tammi and Mark Dawson.
Daughter of Pat and Danielle Eaks.
Daughter of Bill Earle and Cheryl and Dan Trauthwein.
Daughter of Ben and Heidi Elsbury.
Son of Bryan and Stacey Flook.
Son of Katie Delph.
Daughter of Jeffrey L. and Suzan L. Hardin.
Son of Brian and Kim Hawhee.
Son of Doug and Cindy Hieatt.
Daughter of Brian and Brenda Hochstetler.
Daughter of Jeff and Kelly Jarrell and Kert and Lori Hughes.
Daughter of Jeff and Keri Kardatzke.
Daughter of Bob and Sally Kelly.
Daughter of Scott and Kelley Kornbroke.
Son of Dave and Kay Mares.
Daughter of John and Amy Matthew.
Daughter of Tom and Leah Maxey.
Daughter of Bill and Lisa McBride.
Daughter of Jon and Amber Montgomery.
Son of Vic and Mary Murray.
Son of Rhonda and Greg Perkins.
Daughter of Todd and Karen Purkey.
Son of Greg and Terri Robinson.
Daughter of Kris Chapin and Steve Santichen.
Son of Rodney and Lisa Schwinn.
Daughter of Jay and Jennifer Sigler.
Son of Neal and Jennifer Smith.
Daughter of Patty and Harold McDermit and Roger Sprague.
Daughter of Todd and Tracy VanWinkle.
Son of Brandon and Mary Ann Waterman and Dara Bowland.
Daughter of Lori and Mike Weaver.
Daughter of Kim and Duane Werling.
Daughter of Tim and Kathy Zambos.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Helping Madison County in the Book Nook
With its warm lights, comfy chairs and jigsaw puzzles in frames on full display, the Book Nook is an inviting place to discover faraway lands, new worlds and dig into a character’s deepest thoughts.
- From California dreamin’ to midwest living Some things most Hoosiers take for granted – like watching lightning bugs blink over a cornfield or experiencing the peace and quiet of an evening in the country – other folks in the United States have never experienced.
- Ghost stories abound in Madison County Since ancient times, ghost stories have figured prominently in the folklore of many cultures around the world. Ghost stories of Madison County date back to the 1800s and are as popular as ever today.
- Back in the News: Aug. 17 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- More Community Headlines