Spring revival begins May 8
ANDERSON — Anderson Zion Baptist Church, 2008 Rev. James T. Menifee St., Anderson, will hold its spring revival featuring the Rev. Dr. Edgar Woodall, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, from May 8 through 10 at 6:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is “God’s Grace Will See Us Through.”
Church hosts Singspiration
ANDERSON — Today, Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will host a Singspiration at 6:30 p.m. The ladies group is hosting a building fundraiser and will serve spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, a drink and dessert from 4 to 6 p.m.
The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children; children under 4 eat free.
On Sunday at 5 p.m., “The Christian Cavaliers” will share their gospel message. Enjoy some gospel music and more.
Anniversary celebrated Sunday
ANDERSON — The Church Upon the Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 303 E. 29th St., will celebrate its 24th anniversary on Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
Guests will be Pastor Edgar Woodall and Friendship Missionary Baptist Church.
The theme is “I Am Determined” from 1 Corinthians 2:2.
Spring concert at Central Christian
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church at 10th and Jackson streets invites the public to the free “Spring at Central Concert,” at 3 p.m. Sunday. Featured will be the combined choirs of Broadway United Methodist (Indianapolis) and Central Christian (Anderson) churches. Conductor Schuyler Brinson and organist Randy Frieling will lead the choirs in John Rutter’s “Requiem.”
A freewill offering will be accepted. For those with mobility concerns, there is a ramp on 10th Street between Central’s main building and chapel. From there, an elevator is available.
Visit www.central-christian-church.com or call the church office at 643-6957 for more information.
Church celebrates 40th anniversary
ANDERSON — Greater St. Mark Church of God in Christ, 2232 Dewey St., Anderson, will celebrate its 40th church anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday.
Special guests will be Supt. John L. Smith and the Congregation of Prayer House of Deliverance, Muncie.
Spring revival begins May 8
Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit
A layover in Japan more than three decades ago changed the course of New York-based artist Gloria Garfinkel’s work for the rest of her life. The Anderson Center for the Arts opened its latest exhibit featuring Garfinkel’s work Wednesday, and it will run until June 13.
- Community Briefs: April 25 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 25 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 25-27.
- Live music: April 25 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Annual Bids for Kids auction starts Friday
Breaking the cycle of child abuse is one of the most difficult things to do, but the people of Madison County aren’t ready to give up trying.
- Jim Bailey: Figuring out how to have the good in life without the bad Most of us have had those faith-shaking episodes in our lives. The tragic episodes that leave us wondering what life is all about.
- Community Briefs: April 24 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Spotlight on the kids When pianist Nathan Cook started volunteering for the special education program at Anderson High School, he started mulling over ideas how he could do more to help.
Food Truckin' Thursday returns
A new favorite that combines food and cars is rolling back into town next week. Food Truckin' Thursday starts back up May 1. For about six months, local vendors will pull up their food trucks to Citizens Park Plaza at Ninth and Main streets from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Community Briefs: April 23
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines
- Center for the Arts opens vibrant exhibit