Spring revival begins May 8
ANDERSON — Anderson Zion Baptist Church, 2008 Rev. James T. Menifee St., Anderson, will hold its spring revival featuring the Rev. Dr. Edgar Woodall, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, from May 8 through 10 at 6:30 p.m.
This year’s theme is “God’s Grace Will See Us Through.”
Church hosts Singspiration
ANDERSON — Today, Central Community Chapel, 1004 Indiana Ave., will host a Singspiration at 6:30 p.m. The ladies group is hosting a building fundraiser and will serve spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, a drink and dessert from 4 to 6 p.m.
The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children; children under 4 eat free.
On Sunday at 5 p.m., “The Christian Cavaliers” will share their gospel message. Enjoy some gospel music and more.
Anniversary celebrated Sunday
ANDERSON — The Church Upon the Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 303 E. 29th St., will celebrate its 24th anniversary on Sunday at 3:30 p.m.
Guests will be Pastor Edgar Woodall and Friendship Missionary Baptist Church.
The theme is “I Am Determined” from 1 Corinthians 2:2.
Spring concert at Central Christian
ANDERSON — Central Christian Church at 10th and Jackson streets invites the public to the free “Spring at Central Concert,” at 3 p.m. Sunday. Featured will be the combined choirs of Broadway United Methodist (Indianapolis) and Central Christian (Anderson) churches. Conductor Schuyler Brinson and organist Randy Frieling will lead the choirs in John Rutter’s “Requiem.”
A freewill offering will be accepted. For those with mobility concerns, there is a ramp on 10th Street between Central’s main building and chapel. From there, an elevator is available.
Visit www.central-christian-church.com or call the church office at 643-6957 for more information.
Church celebrates 40th anniversary
ANDERSON — Greater St. Mark Church of God in Christ, 2232 Dewey St., Anderson, will celebrate its 40th church anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday.
Special guests will be Supt. John L. Smith and the Congregation of Prayer House of Deliverance, Muncie.
Spring revival begins May 8
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 13 A compilation of community news, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
Jim Bailey:The high cost of higher education hits home at AU
The announcement was something of a bombshell for students and faculty at Anderson University with fiscal cutbacks that included elimination of majors in the fields of theatre, philosophy and French.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines