ANDERSON, Ind. —
59th Street Pub & Eatery, 5901 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson: DJ at 9 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
American Legion, 220 Main St., Elwood: Euchre tournaments every Wednesday at 7 p.m.
American Legion Post 408, 5100 Mounds Road, Chesterfield: Turkey Shoot — every Saturday at noon; Texas Hold’em — every Saturday at 7 p.m., food provided; shuffleboard tournament — every Thursday at 6 p.m. $5 per person (blind draw).
American Legion Post 446, 14617 W. Sixth St., Daleville: Str8 Shooter Band — 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday.
American Legion Post 469, 116 N. Washington Ave., Frankton: Pool tournaments — every Saturday at 2 p.m.; euchre tournament — every Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Big Baby’s, 1929 W. Eighth St., Anderson: Karaoke with Fergie — every Tuesday from 8 p.m. to ?; Karaoke and DJ Oblivion — 9 p.m. Wednesday and Sunday; Karaoke with Fergie — 9 p.m. to ? every Thursday, Friday.
The BJ’s Sports Bar, 1923 W. Smith Road (Indiana 32), Yorktown: DJ every Friday and Saturday — 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Buffalo Wild Wings, 1808 Applewood Centre Drive, Anderson: Live acoustic music every Wednesday from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Chances R, 3421 S. Walnut St., Muncie: Karaoke - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. every Wednesday through Saturday.
Chesterfield Flea Market, Main Street, (next to Dollar General) - Open mic —Tuesday and Friday 6 to ? p.m.; Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m.
ClipZone, 1913 C Street, behind Mounds Mall:
Coffman’s Bar, 1228 W. 29th St.: Free pool — 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays; Rick Copeland playing acoustic — 7 to 9 p.m. every Wednesday;
Columbus Avenue Pizza, 5436 Columbus Ave.: Scotty Zion as “Today’s Elvis” — 6 to 7 p.m. every Thursday.
Crossroads Blues Cafe, 305 S. Water St., Chesterfield: Lil’ Red Johnnie — 7 p.m., tonight. Reservations suggested. No alcohol, no smoking.
Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St., Anderson: Karaoke — 7 to 10 p.m. every Monday; DJ — 7 to 10 p.m. every other Thursday; and Silver Buckle Band — 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Eagles Lodge 1771, 217 E. Cleveland St., Alexandria: line dance lessons — 6 to 8 p.m. every Friday; Country Dance with Jim King — every Friday 8-11 p.m.; Couples country dance lessons — 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday; beginner line dance lessons — 7-9 p.m. every Wednesday.
Halo’s, 215 E. Water St., Alexandria: Kemmler’s Fate — 9:30 p.m. to ? Saturday.
Hoosier Park: Front Men of Country (Larry Stewart of Restless Heart, Randy Owen of Alabama and Tim Rushlow, formerly of Little Texas) — 8 and 10 p.m., Terrace Showroom.
Jimbo’s Pub and Club, 3100 S. Main St., Anderson: DJ music w/ DJ Pasha — Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; karaoke and DJ music with DJ Pasha — Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
J.R.’s South Park Tavern, 421 E. 23rd St., Anderson: DJ — every Saturday.
Kelli’s Auction Company, 3133 N. Ind. 9, Anderson: Live country music and open mic — 1 to 3:30 p.m. every Saturday.
Kroakerheads, 1239 Meridian St., Anderson: Rock Shot — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. tonight and Saturday; and Smokin’ Guns — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday, May 17-18.
Mardi Gras, 730 Main St., Lapel: Karaoke - 8 p.m. every Thursday.
The Pit Stop Bar and Restaurant, 1220 Martin Luther King Blvd. (Pendleton Avenue), Anderson: Thomas Pruitt — 8 to 10 p.m. first and third Thursdays; and karaoke — 8 p.m. to ? every Friday; first Monday of each month is Ladies Night from 8 to 10 p.m. featuring Thomas.
PJ O’Keefe’s, 4400 Weston Point Drive, Zionsville: Kyxx — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. tonight.
The Point, 905 Lincoln Ave., Alexandria: DJ — 10 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
Rokafellows, 106 W. State St., Pendleton: every Thursday JT’s songwriter night — 9:30 p.m.; Original Band Night — Saturday.
Stingers Bar & Grill (old Eagles Building on Indiana 28), 1415 Main St., Elwood: open mic and bands most Fridays and Saturdays at 9 p.m.; The Fields Brothers Band — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. first and third Wednesday of each month.
Vertigo Sports Bar & Grill, 2232 Columbus Ave., Anderson: Karaoke with DJ Kay-Oz — 8 p.m. to close every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday; and Dueling DJ’s — Jammin’ Jeff and DJ Kay-Oz — 9 p.m. to close every Friday and Saturday.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson: DJ Lew Goodwin — 7 p.m. to ? Friday.
ANDERSON, Ind. —
- Edgewood Elementary celebrates diversity When Edgewood Elementary reopened in 2012, Principal Judi Shafer knew the key to creating a successful school community would be to embrace the diversity of students and staff coming from other schools.
- Community Briefs: March 10 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines