ANDERSON, Ind. —
59th Street Pub & Eatery, 5901 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson: DJ at 9 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
American Legion, 220 Main St., Elwood: Euchre tournaments every Wednesday at 7 p.m.
American Legion Post 408, 5100 Mounds Road, Chesterfield: Turkey Shoot — every Saturday at noon; Texas Hold’em — every Saturday at 7 p.m., food provided; shuffleboard tournament — every Thursday at 6 p.m. $5 per person (blind draw).
American Legion Post 446, 14617 W. Sixth St., Daleville: Str8 Shooter Band — 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday.
American Legion Post 469, 116 N. Washington Ave., Frankton: Pool tournaments — every Saturday at 2 p.m.; euchre tournament — every Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Big Baby’s, 1929 W. Eighth St., Anderson: Karaoke with Fergie — every Tuesday from 8 p.m. to ?; Karaoke and DJ Oblivion — 9 p.m. Wednesday and Sunday; Karaoke with Fergie — 9 p.m. to ? every Thursday, Friday.
The BJ’s Sports Bar, 1923 W. Smith Road (Indiana 32), Yorktown: DJ every Friday and Saturday — 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Buffalo Wild Wings, 1808 Applewood Centre Drive, Anderson: Live acoustic music every Wednesday from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Chances R, 3421 S. Walnut St., Muncie: Karaoke - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. every Wednesday through Saturday.
Chesterfield Flea Market, Main Street, (next to Dollar General) - Open mic —Tuesday and Friday 6 to ? p.m.; Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m.
ClipZone, 1913 C Street, behind Mounds Mall:
Coffman’s Bar, 1228 W. 29th St.: Free pool — 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays; Rick Copeland playing acoustic — 7 to 9 p.m. every Wednesday;
Columbus Avenue Pizza, 5436 Columbus Ave.: Scotty Zion as “Today’s Elvis” — 6 to 7 p.m. every Thursday.
Crossroads Blues Cafe, 305 S. Water St., Chesterfield: Lil’ Red Johnnie — 7 p.m., tonight. Reservations suggested. No alcohol, no smoking.
Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St., Anderson: Karaoke — 7 to 10 p.m. every Monday; DJ — 7 to 10 p.m. every other Thursday; and Silver Buckle Band — 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Eagles Lodge 1771, 217 E. Cleveland St., Alexandria: line dance lessons — 6 to 8 p.m. every Friday; Country Dance with Jim King — every Friday 8-11 p.m.; Couples country dance lessons — 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday; beginner line dance lessons — 7-9 p.m. every Wednesday.
Halo’s, 215 E. Water St., Alexandria: Kemmler’s Fate — 9:30 p.m. to ? Saturday.
Hoosier Park: Front Men of Country (Larry Stewart of Restless Heart, Randy Owen of Alabama and Tim Rushlow, formerly of Little Texas) — 8 and 10 p.m., Terrace Showroom.
Jimbo’s Pub and Club, 3100 S. Main St., Anderson: DJ music w/ DJ Pasha — Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; karaoke and DJ music with DJ Pasha — Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
J.R.’s South Park Tavern, 421 E. 23rd St., Anderson: DJ — every Saturday.
Kelli’s Auction Company, 3133 N. Ind. 9, Anderson: Live country music and open mic — 1 to 3:30 p.m. every Saturday.
Kroakerheads, 1239 Meridian St., Anderson: Rock Shot — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. tonight and Saturday; and Smokin’ Guns — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday, May 17-18.
Mardi Gras, 730 Main St., Lapel: Karaoke - 8 p.m. every Thursday.
The Pit Stop Bar and Restaurant, 1220 Martin Luther King Blvd. (Pendleton Avenue), Anderson: Thomas Pruitt — 8 to 10 p.m. first and third Thursdays; and karaoke — 8 p.m. to ? every Friday; first Monday of each month is Ladies Night from 8 to 10 p.m. featuring Thomas.
PJ O’Keefe’s, 4400 Weston Point Drive, Zionsville: Kyxx — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. tonight.
The Point, 905 Lincoln Ave., Alexandria: DJ — 10 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
Rokafellows, 106 W. State St., Pendleton: every Thursday JT’s songwriter night — 9:30 p.m.; Original Band Night — Saturday.
Stingers Bar & Grill (old Eagles Building on Indiana 28), 1415 Main St., Elwood: open mic and bands most Fridays and Saturdays at 9 p.m.; The Fields Brothers Band — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. first and third Wednesday of each month.
Vertigo Sports Bar & Grill, 2232 Columbus Ave., Anderson: Karaoke with DJ Kay-Oz — 8 p.m. to close every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday; and Dueling DJ’s — Jammin’ Jeff and DJ Kay-Oz — 9 p.m. to close every Friday and Saturday.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson: DJ Lew Goodwin — 7 p.m. to ? Friday.
ANDERSON, Ind. —
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- Making a change for better health Roger Burnett says he was content with the YMCA before it was recently remodeled. “I don’t like change,” said Burnett, 66, of Frankton. “I didn’t think I would like it, but I do.”
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- More Community Headlines