Front Men in concert at Hoosier Park
ANDERSON — The Front Men of Country will be in concert on Friday, May 10, in the Terrace Showroom of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino.
The trio consists of Larry Stewart of Restless Heart, Randy Owen of Alabama and Tim Rushlow, formerly of Little Texas,
With more than 50 number 1 hits among them, these country artists will perform two shows, 8 and 10 p.m.
Tickets are still available at Shelby’s Gifts at Hoosier Park. Use your Centaur card and get a 20 percent discount. They are also available at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Health classes open to all
ANDERSON — HIS Solutions Healthcare will have an information session about the Community CNA program and the QMA program on Wednesday, May 8, from 10 a.m. to noon at its offices at the Impact Center, 630 Nichol Ave., Suite 107.
These classes are open to the community and applications will be available. For questions, call 393-3457.
VFW to host taco night
ANDERSON — The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host a Taco Night on Tuesday, May 7, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The men’s auxiliary will host the event. Tacos are $2 and nachos are $4.50. Carry-outs will be available. For more information, call 642-8561.
‘Bourne Legacy’ will be shown
ANDERSON — United Way of Madison County Movie Series will continue with the showing of “The Bourne Legacy” on Sunday at 4:30 P.M. The Movie Series is open to the general public for $2 per person. Tickets go on sale at 3:30 p.m. the day of the show. All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
Next month’s movie will be “The Princess Bride” and will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 21.
Classes of ‘59 to gather
ANDERSON — The next luncheon of the area 1959 high school classmates will be held Tuesday at Rigo’s of Grandview Golf Course from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Classmates and their guests are invited to attend. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Rigo’s.
For more information call Bob Jackson, 642-4049, or Sandy Flowers, 642-1445.
Roller Derby double header
ANDERSON — The East Central Roller Derby will present the Playoff-double header roller derby bout, Bashing Bombshells v. Manic Misfits then the Vicious Vixens v. Damaging Damzels on Saturday. Winners of these two matches will play for the championship title, May 18. Anderson Roll Arena doors open at 5 p.m. with the first bout at 5:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $15 ($20 at the door); kids are only $5. Taint’d will be the halftime show and the after party will follow at The Warehouse on Broadway. The charity for this event is Rupert’s kids.
40&8 to host breakfast
ANDERSON — An all-you-can-eat breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Madison County Voiture 510, 40&8, 1600 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
The menu will include eggs (cooked to order), hash browns, biscuits and gravy, bacon, coffee, orange juice, and pancakes.
Take out is available.
Cost is $7.
Front Men in concert at Hoosier Park
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines