Friday, May 17
- Muncie Quilters Guild Quilt Show, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 2700 W. Moore Road, Muncie. Admission, $3; children under 12, admitted free. Featuring two quilt challenges, quilts of valor, vendors and baby quilts. For more information call 789-7283 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opening dedication and blessing, 5:30 p.m., reception and tours to follow, The Gardens at Willowcrest Park, 200 W. 53rd St., Anderson.
- Spring concert, 7 p.m., (student art work displayed in main hallway), Frankton Jr./Sr. High School, Frankton.
Saturday, May 18
- Opening dedication and blessing of The Gardens at Willowcrest Park, hot air balloon lift off ceremony, 8 a.m.; Veterans “Garden of Honor” ceremony, 9 a.m.; K-9 Officers’ Memorial Dedication, 11 a.m.; Pet Memorial Service with Butterfly Release, 2:30 p.m.; lighting of the luminaries and special music, dusk, The Gardens at Willowcrest Park, 200 W. 53rd St., Anderson.
- Sixth annual Armed Forces Day car, truck and motorcycle show, registration, 9 a.m.; judging, noon; awards, 1:30 p.m.; AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton. Hosted by the Sons of AMVETS.
- Annual plant sale, 9 a.m.-noon, Building 2, Beulah Park, Alexandria. Hosted by the SmallTown Garden Club.
- Sixth annual fundraiser plant sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Visitor Center, Mounds State Park, Anderson. Hosted by Friends of Mounds State Park.
- Master Gardener program “Plant Folklore, Romance & Superstition,” 11 a.m., Delaware Room, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
- AIMS Little 500 Car Show, noon-5 p.m., Meridian Street downtown, Town Center, 12th and Meridian, Anderson.
- Spring ride, 2 p.m., Moonsville Conservation Club, 3559 E. 600N.
- Groundbreakaing for home for Wounded Warrior Tim Senkowski, 2 p.m., 247 S. County Road 500 West near Ind. 32 and County Road 500 West, Edgewood.
- Wine Gala and Auction, 5-9 p.m., Military Museum Officer’s Club, Anderson. Hosted by the Gruenewald House.
- Spring Fling Dance, 6-9 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road,. Anderson. Fundraiser for Madison County Middle School Academic League.
- Variety Show performed by Lapel High School Music Department, 7 p.m., auditorium of LHS, Lapel.
Sunday, May 19
- Yogi’s Vintage Toy and Diecast show, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds, 2003 E. Pleasant St., Noblesville. For more informaton contact Dan Wilson at (317) 691-5669 or e-mail to email@example.com.
- Fundraiser bike ride, 11 a.m. registration; noon ride begins, Frankton American Legion, 469, 116 N. Washington Ave., Frankton.
Opening of park, noon; Semi-Annual Remembrance Service with Dove Release, 2 p.m.; closing ceremony, 4 p.m.; The Gardens at Willowcrest Park, 200 W. 53rd St., Anderson.