Friday, Feb. 15
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderosn.
Valentine’s Banquet, dinner, 6:30 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, Feb. 16
Fourth annual Academic Brain Bowl, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Flagship Enterprise Center, Anderson. Hosted by Purdue University College of Technology at Anderson.
“Critter Junction” live exotic animal show, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park visitor center.
Chili Cook-Off for Scholars, 1-5 p.m., AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton. Hosted by Sons of AMVETS.
24th Annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival, noon-5 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, Anderson. Presented by Whiteriver Folk & Bluegrass Club.
Triumphant Quartet concert, 6 p.m., Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 911 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
Four Tops in concert, 7:30 and 10 p.m., Terrace showroom, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
Valentine’s Dance, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., entertainment by Boggy Branch Band, American Legion Post 216, 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
Friday, Feb. 15
- Community Briefs: July 22 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Community Briefs: July 21
A compilation of community news as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Foreign exchange program builds lasting friendships Paulina Berger returned to her hometown in Olpe, Germany on Friday, but she left something important behind: part of her heart. The 16-year-old spent a year living with three host families in Anderson as part of the Rotary Youth Exchange program.
- Work underway to restore ISU's Normal Hall The sounds of heavy equipment, impact drills and even a large wrecking ball are evidence of a renovation underway at Normal Hall, Indiana State University's oldest academic building.
- Finding the light Life after losing a child is like waking up and seeing a hole in the ground. You spend all day circling around the edge, trying not to fall in. It’s a description one of Frank Caldwell’s friends explained to him, a feeling he’s known all too well since his only son, Eric, died in an auto accident in April 2010.
Seven 4-H members vying for 4-H queen title
The following seven 4-H members will vie for the title of the Madison County 4-H Fair Queen at 7:30 p.m. this evening on the Kiwanis Stage at the fairgrounds at Beulah Park.
- Community Briefs: July 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- HHS class of '66 seeks classmates The Highland High School Class of '66 will host its 48th class reunion on Aug. 23. Contact information is needed for several classmates.
- Theresa Timmons: Columnist's 'my time' gets invaded by tiny person That 30 minutes between 6:30 and 7 a.m. is the time for waking up. It is the gentle transition between hard sleep and feet-hitting-the-floor, the time of day when dreams end and reality begins. It is MY time.
- Unsung heroes There are the men and women who lost their lives defending our nation's freedom and have never been a part of our history books. Twenty-four of those unsung heroes have been laid to rest at Grove Lawn Cemetery in Pendleton.
- More Community Headlines