Friday, Feb. 15
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderosn.
Valentine’s Banquet, dinner, 6:30 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, Feb. 16
Fourth annual Academic Brain Bowl, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Flagship Enterprise Center, Anderson. Hosted by Purdue University College of Technology at Anderson.
“Critter Junction” live exotic animal show, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park visitor center.
Chili Cook-Off for Scholars, 1-5 p.m., AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton. Hosted by Sons of AMVETS.
24th Annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival, noon-5 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, Anderson. Presented by Whiteriver Folk & Bluegrass Club.
Triumphant Quartet concert, 6 p.m., Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 911 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
Four Tops in concert, 7:30 and 10 p.m., Terrace showroom, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
Valentine’s Dance, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., entertainment by Boggy Branch Band, American Legion Post 216, 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
Friday, Feb. 15
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together United Way of Madison County decided to encourage the community to pull together – literally.
Community Briefs: Aug. 22
A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Historical Society opens camera, photography exhibit Photos freeze moments in time to look back on, and now the public can catch a glimpse at how photographic technology has evolved.
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20 A compilation of community news items as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
Mommy and me time
Babette Bargo of Anderson said she brought her daughter to Community Hospital’s first Mommy Monday to meet other mothers and children after her sister-in-law told her about the event.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Drawing parallels A collection of Stephanie Cochran's work is on display at Park Place Arts’ newest exhibit, “From the Smallest Among Us…” The show opened Aug. 1 and runs until Sept. 13.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines