Friday, Feb. 15
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderosn.
Valentine’s Banquet, dinner, 6:30 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, Feb. 16
Fourth annual Academic Brain Bowl, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Flagship Enterprise Center, Anderson. Hosted by Purdue University College of Technology at Anderson.
“Critter Junction” live exotic animal show, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park visitor center.
Chili Cook-Off for Scholars, 1-5 p.m., AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton. Hosted by Sons of AMVETS.
24th Annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival, noon-5 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, Anderson. Presented by Whiteriver Folk & Bluegrass Club.
Triumphant Quartet concert, 6 p.m., Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 911 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
Four Tops in concert, 7:30 and 10 p.m., Terrace showroom, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
Valentine’s Dance, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., entertainment by Boggy Branch Band, American Legion Post 216, 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
Friday, Feb. 15
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
- AU dance students learn from a pro Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- 'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Rail, doll house exhibit now on display A model railroad and dollhouse exhibit is now on display at the Madison County Historical Society, 11 W. 11th St.. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on every Saturday in December.
- Back in the News: Dec. 8 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Size does matter when it comes to wine glasses Anyone serious about wine has probably learned the size of the glass can have an impact on the taste of the wine.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday