Friday, Feb. 15
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderosn.
Valentine’s Banquet, dinner, 6:30 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, Feb. 16
Fourth annual Academic Brain Bowl, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Flagship Enterprise Center, Anderson. Hosted by Purdue University College of Technology at Anderson.
“Critter Junction” live exotic animal show, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park visitor center.
Chili Cook-Off for Scholars, 1-5 p.m., AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway, Pendleton. Hosted by Sons of AMVETS.
24th Annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival, noon-5 p.m., Rangeline Community Center, 1405 N. Rangeline Road, Anderson. Presented by Whiteriver Folk & Bluegrass Club.
Triumphant Quartet concert, 6 p.m., Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 911 S. Rangeline Road, Anderson.
Four Tops in concert, 7:30 and 10 p.m., Terrace showroom, Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
Valentine’s Dance, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., entertainment by Boggy Branch Band, American Legion Post 216, 450 N. 10th St., Middletown.
Friday, Feb. 15
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines