Lenten breakfast series begins Saturday
LAPEL — The 2013 Anderson Area Christian Men’s Lenten Breakfast Series begins at 8 a.m. Saturday at Ford Street United Methodist Church, 925 Ford St.
Breakfast will be served followed by a musical presentation by Matt McClintick, youth pastor, at Ford Street Church.
Steve Riikonen, director of development at the Bashor Children’s Home, is the speaker to start this series. All men are invited to attend the first breakfast of this series. There will be a freewill donation.
Kaufman in concert Sunday
DALEVILLE — Jennifer Kauffman will be in concert at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at Trinity Community Church, 13801 W. Main St.
Please call the church at 378-3634 for more information.
McLaughlin leads worship at AU
ANDERSON — David Sebastian, Dean, will preach at the Anderson University School of Theology Chapel at 11 a.m. Tuesday. Jon McLaughlin will lead worship and Phil and Phyllis Kinley will serve as Chaplains in Residence.
As part of the preaching series on the Stained Glass window in Miller Chapel, he will be speaking on redemption.
New Vision in concert Feb. 23
ANDERSON — New Vision will appear in a winter concert at 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23 at West Cross Street Alliance Church, 3102 W. Cross St., Anderson.
For more information, contact Judy at 215-5755.
Cost is $10 at the door plus love offering.
Sermon series continues
ANDERSON — The Sermon series for the month of February at Cross Roads United Methodist Church is “Bring the Children!”
Pastor John Hackney’s sermon for Sunday, Feb 17 is “Love Means Discipline.”
All children who are in the 5th grade and under, toddlers and infants will receive “love bags” from the church. There will also be a drama presented by “Acting Up in Church.”
Worship services are held at 8 and 10:30 a.m. with Sunday School beginning at 9:15 a.m.
Winford at St. Matthew UMC
ANDERSON — St. Matthew United Methodist Church, 1512 N. Madison Ave., welcomes Pastor Emeritus Doris Winford to the pulpit at the 9:30 a.m. worship service.
The Sanctuary Choir will sing “He’s Always Been Faithful” arranged by Tom Fettke and featuring soloist, Kaye Koomler.
The congregation welcomes interim Director of Youth Ministry Mike Terwillegar, to the staff. He will be serving for several months while the former director, Daniel McMullen, is touring Vietnam. Mike is a sophomore at Anderson University majoring in psychology and youth leadership and development.
Family Movie Night will be 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24 in Wesley Hall. The movie will be “Amazing Grace.”
Singspiration Sunday at Linwood
ANDERSON — Singspiration Sunday is set from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Sunday at The Church at Linwood, 561W 600N. Featured singers this month are Kelly Marshall and Joyce Patterson along with the Linwood Church Singers and John Ray.
If you have a song to share, please check in with Pat Ray no later than 1:15 p.m. Buddy Patterson will be master of ceremonies.
For more information contact Pastor John Ray at 649-4020 or Patterson at 378-5345.
Lenten breakfast series begins Saturday
- Anderson inspiration Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society Transitional housing for women re-entering society after incarceration has been available through the faith-based Sister 2 Sister program since December 2009, but the facility has only been able to house four women at a time. The ministry recently purchased a house that will service three times as many women.
- Community Briefs: March 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Anderson library launches online tutoring service Anderson Public Library has launched a new program that offers students of all ages live, one-to-one help from professional tutors online.
- What's Where: March 9-15 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Remembering Anderson sectionals of yesteryear Before the Indiana High School Athletic Association initiated class ball prior to the in 1997-98 season, there was a celebrated event called the Anderson sectional.
- In Service: March 9 A compilation of news items featuring Madison County residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Jottings: March 9 The following are brief Jottings items of local interest.
- Back in the News: March 9 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- More Community Headlines