Shrine Club open Wednesday for lunch
ANDERSON — The Madison County Shrine Club will be open for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday. It will be closed the rest of the week in observance of Thanksgiving.
The Shrine Club will still have its men’s meeting on Wednesday night.
Funk for the Cure concert Wednesday
ANDERSON — Rico Lewis presents Funk For the Cure’s Thanksgiving Bash concert at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the UAW hall at 29th Street and Madison Avenue.
Tickets can be purchased for $10 today at the Nichol Avenue and South Scatterfield KeyBank branches.
Tickets are $12 at the door. Headlining the show will be the Sons of F.U.N.K. featuring Rico Lewis and members of Parliament Funkadelic. Those attending must be 21 and over.
Proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Paramount’s holiday dance is Tuesday night
ANDERSON — The Paramount Theatre’s “Dancing Like The Stars” Ballroom Holiday Dance will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The dance is part of the Festival of Trees celebration and will showcase ballroom exhibitions by Scott and Yulia Shook and Monica Lung and John Berry. Scott Shook and Lung are Paramount Theatre “Dancing Like the Stars” champions.
Professional ballroom instructor Cary Pettit will be the disc jockey for the event, which is open to the general public. Cost is $12 per person.
Legion to host Saturday breakfast
ANDERSON — George Hockett American Legion Post 127, 4118 Columbus Ave., is having an all-you-can-eat breakfast on Saturday from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The cost is $5. Carryout meals will be available.
Self-defense class Tuesday in Elwood
ELWOOD — Elwood Crime Watch is sponsoring a women’s self defense Tuesday.
The class will be from 10 a.m. to noon at the Elwood YMCA gym. For more information, call Albert McPhearson at 635-7249 or Merrill Taylor at 425-6791. There will be no charge for the course.
VFW serving up Sloppy Joe meals
ANDERSON — The Women’s Auxiliary of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., will host a Sloppy Joe dinner beginning at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Cost is $5.
For more information, call 642-8561.
‘Cover My Feet’ seeks shoes and socks
ANDERSON — For the 15th consecutive year, local podiatrist Todd Hovermale, his office staff, and the Salvation Army are sponsoring the “Cover My Feet” program.
The program helps provide shoes and socks for needy Anderson children ages newborn to 12 years. Seasonal ornaments may be picked up at Hovermale’s office, 215 W. 19th St.
Purchases should be gift wrapped and returned to the Foot Clinic by Dec. 13, with the ornament attached.
Monetary donations may also be made, and the staff will make the purchases. For information, call 649-7351.
Shrine Club open Wednesday for lunch
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines