TV star to present Christmas comedy
ANDERSON — Hollywood actor Frank Runyeon will present “Stories of Christmas”at 6:30 p.m. today at St. Ambrose Church, 2801 Lincoln St.
The Christmas comedy will be followed by a meet-and-greet with Runyeon, who has starred in more than 1,000 television shows over the last 20 years. He starred opposite Meg Ryan on “As the World Turns,” with acting roles on “Santa Barbara,” “Falcon Crest,” “General Hospital,” “LA Law” and “Melrose Place.”
The presentation is free, but donations will be accepted. For information visit www.frankrunyeon.com, www.st.ambrosechurch.com, or call 644-5956.
Share your holiday food, tradition story
ANDERSON — The Herald Bulletin is looking for people to share stories about their holiday food traditions for an upcoming story. Please call reporter Abbey Doyle at 640-4805 by today.
Volunteers needed for reading program
LAPEL — A Reading Buddies program is planned in Lapel to be held one day a week after school at the Lapel Public Library. Volunteers are needed to read to registered students in grades 1 through 4 in a one-on-one setting or in small groups in sessions that would last 30 to 60 minutes. Volunteers would be adults or high school students with a desire to help younger children become better readers and develop a love of reading. They would be trained by Cassaundra Day, Lapel Public Library manager; however, this is not a program of the Anderson-Stony Creek Library. Registration will be limited to students in the Lapel school district.
To volunteer or for more information about the program, call Rosilyn Upton, 534-4161 or Cassaundra Day, 534-4654.
Cypress Resume at public library
ANDERSON — Are you looking for a job? Anderson Public Library can help. With its newest database, Cypress Resume, you can create a professional-looking resume in minutes. In fact, no writing skills are required — simply enter your name, contact information, work history and educational background; choose the type of job you are seeking; and select from a number of concise, well-written job statements that accurately reflect your skills and qualifications.
This new job hunting tool covers over 100,000 professions, from warehouse workers and plumbers to accountants and lawyers. If you need assistance, stop by the Information Services desk for a demonstration or call 641-2456.
Daleville school homecoming Jan. 26
DALEVILLE — The Daleville Jr./Sr. High School homecoming will be on Saturday, Jan. 26. The Student Council members are attempting to find the following members of the Class of 1993:
Mike Alstott, John Blevins, Jeremy Bott, Jason Brenner, Corina Buck, Alex Cooper, Shawn Cummings, Sallie Foster, Chad Gosser, Melissa Hollingworth, Kandi Martin Floyd, Michelle Massengale, Ryan McKinney, Pam Morgan, Joshua Richman, and Lorinda Whittington Ramsey.
If you have contact information for these former students, call Pat Keogh, Student Council sponsor, at 378-3371 or email email@example.com.
Epilepsy support group meets Jan. 7
ANDERSON — The Anderson Epilepsy Support Group meets the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Park Place Community Center, 802 E. Fifth St. The next meeting is Jan. 7.
This meetings are free of charge and reservations are recommended.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend or if you have any questions.
TV star to present Christmas comedy
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- More Community Headlines