Mounds friends meeting Thursday
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Multipurpose Room in the Nature Center.
Various spring projects will be discussed The public is invited to attend.
Friends of Library holding sale
ANDERSON — The Friends of the Library will hold their monthly book sale on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 11-12, from 12:30 to 4 p.m. in the third floor bookstore of the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
This month’s sale includes gently-used hardbound fiction, non-fiction, and children’s and audio books, CDs, and DVDs.
Also for sale is a large selection paperback fiction books.
All proceeds from the sale go to support the library’s programs.
The Friends of the Library welcome new volunteers. If you are interested in donating time to the organization, contact any volunteer at the sale.
Additionally, the Friends of the Library’s annual board meeting will be held on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 12:30 p.m. on the third floor of the Anderson Library.
Pendleton AMVETS serving breakfast
PENDLETON — The Pendleton AMVETS Post 26 will serve an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7 to 10:30 a.m. today.
Girl Scouts holding cookie bash kickoff
ANDERSON — The Girl Scout Kickoff Cookie Bash will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at Mounds Mall.
Coordinator of the event is Bethany Wirer. There will be a contest to determine who can eat the most cookies in one minute.
Tickets on sale for ‘Rock & Worship’
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets are on sale for the “Rock & Worship Roadshow” coming to Bankers Life Fieldhouse at 6 p.m. on Feb. 9.
The show features MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Tedashii, Kutless, Family Force 5, Luminate, Adam Cappa, Rhett Walker band and Tim Timmons.
Tickets are $10 at the door. For information, go to therockandworshiproadshow.com.
Heart Class rescheduled to Feb. 9
ANDERSON — The Jan. 12 “Homemade from the Heart” class has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16.
The class will feature individual fruit pies made in small mason jars, taught by Jo Ellen Nelson. The pies can be frozen and baked when desired and make perfect gifts.
The “make it, take it” class will be held at Epworth United Methodist Church, 105 W. Eighth St., Matthews, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Fee for the class is $5 and pre-registration is requested by Saturday, Feb. 9. Call 998-2365 for further information or to reserve a spot in the class.
Mounds friends meeting Thursday
- Making a change for better health Roger Burnett says he was content with the YMCA before it was recently remodeled. “I don’t like change,” said Burnett, 66, of Frankton. “I didn’t think I would like it, but I do.”
- Community Briefs: Dec. 10 A compilation of community news as published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Lapel grad helps students solve math, science questions As a tutor for Rose-Hulman's Homework Hotline, Matthew Conrad gets calls from students in grades 6-12 wrestling with math, science or sometimes English language questions.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 9 A compilation of community news items as published in the Monday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- More Community Headlines