Mounds friends meeting Thursday
ANDERSON — The Friends of Mounds State Park will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Multipurpose Room in the Nature Center.
Various spring projects will be discussed The public is invited to attend.
Friends of Library holding sale
ANDERSON — The Friends of the Library will hold their monthly book sale on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 11-12, from 12:30 to 4 p.m. in the third floor bookstore of the Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
This month’s sale includes gently-used hardbound fiction, non-fiction, and children’s and audio books, CDs, and DVDs.
Also for sale is a large selection paperback fiction books.
All proceeds from the sale go to support the library’s programs.
The Friends of the Library welcome new volunteers. If you are interested in donating time to the organization, contact any volunteer at the sale.
Additionally, the Friends of the Library’s annual board meeting will be held on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 12:30 p.m. on the third floor of the Anderson Library.
Pendleton AMVETS serving breakfast
PENDLETON — The Pendleton AMVETS Post 26 will serve an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7 to 10:30 a.m. today.
Girl Scouts holding cookie bash kickoff
ANDERSON — The Girl Scout Kickoff Cookie Bash will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at Mounds Mall.
Coordinator of the event is Bethany Wirer. There will be a contest to determine who can eat the most cookies in one minute.
Tickets on sale for ‘Rock & Worship’
INDIANAPOLIS — Tickets are on sale for the “Rock & Worship Roadshow” coming to Bankers Life Fieldhouse at 6 p.m. on Feb. 9.
The show features MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Tedashii, Kutless, Family Force 5, Luminate, Adam Cappa, Rhett Walker band and Tim Timmons.
Tickets are $10 at the door. For information, go to therockandworshiproadshow.com.
Heart Class rescheduled to Feb. 9
ANDERSON — The Jan. 12 “Homemade from the Heart” class has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16.
The class will feature individual fruit pies made in small mason jars, taught by Jo Ellen Nelson. The pies can be frozen and baked when desired and make perfect gifts.
The “make it, take it” class will be held at Epworth United Methodist Church, 105 W. Eighth St., Matthews, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Fee for the class is $5 and pre-registration is requested by Saturday, Feb. 9. Call 998-2365 for further information or to reserve a spot in the class.
Mounds friends meeting Thursday
- A new kind of support Crystal Everhart’s daughter was only 16 when she announced she was pregnant. The soon-to-be grandmother wasn’t totally sure what to do or who to talk to. At one point, she felt herself start to slip into depression. Nearly three years later, she’s trying to make sure other Madison County grandparents won’t feel the same way.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Verna Davis: Seeking the grown-up version of an Easter basket I'm still enough of a kid to like Easter baskets. I like to fill them and I like to receive them. But this year, I think I want a different kind of Easter basket. A grown-up Easter basket.
- Community Briefs: April 19 A compilation of community news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Church News: April 19 A compilation of church news items as published in the Saturday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Community Briefs: April 18 A compilation of community news items as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- Live music: April 18 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines