Mountain oyster dinner is Saturday
PENDLETON — An all-you-can-eat Rocky Mountain oyster dinner will be held beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday at the AMVETS Post 26, 939 S. Broadway. The event is being hosted by the Sons of AMVETS Post 26.
Cost is $5 per person.
No one under the age of 18 is permitted.
Chicken noodle dinner set for Jan. 26
PENDLETON — Grandview Church will have a community chicken noodle dinner on Saturday, Jan. 26 from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
A full menu including dessert and drink will be $7 for adults and $5 for ages 5-12. Children under age 5, eat free. Eat in or carry-out.
Grandview Church is located on Ind. 13, just south of Interstate 69 exit 214 at the entrance to Summerlake addition.
For more information, call Diana Fields at (317) 694-4644.
Fish, chicken wing dinner to be served
ANDERSON — A dinner offering fish or chicken wings will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at Church Upon the Rock Fellowship Hall, 303 E. 29th St. The dinner is sponsored by the Gospel Music Workshop.
Proceeds will go towards assisting local officers to attend the annual March Music Conference to be held March 12-16 in Dallas, Texas.
The menu includes one choice of meat — fish or chicken wings — and two sides (green beans, potato salad, baked beans and spaghetti), dessert and drink included. The cost is $8 and you may dine in or carry-out. There are no deliveries. For more information call 602-3368.
Mainstage ‘Star Night’ is Saturday
ANDERSON — Anderson’s Mainstage Theatre will present “Star Night” at 5 p.m. Saturday at Central Christian Church Fellowship Hall, 923 Jackson St. Those attending should enter the Jackson Street door.
Dress is casual. There is open seating. Food and drinks are provided. There will be a theatre-themed auction to raise funds for the group’s 2013 season.
Spotlight Awards will be presented for the 2012 Season performances.
Four Tops tickets on sale for Feb. 16
ANDERSON — Tickets are on sale for a concert by The Four Tops at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino. The popular Motown band will present two shows, 7:30 and 10 p.m., on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased through ticketmaster.com.
Mountain oyster dinner is Saturday
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 13 A compilation of community news, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Empty Stocking Fund donations rise to nearly $4,000 Donations Tuesday increased the total received for The Herald Bulletin’s Empty Stocking Fund to $3,815.
Jim Bailey:The high cost of higher education hits home at AU
The announcement was something of a bombshell for students and faculty at Anderson University with fiscal cutbacks that included elimination of majors in the fields of theatre, philosophy and French.
- Person of the Year deadline is Friday The Herald Bulletin needs your help in selecting the 2013 community Person of the Year.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 12 A compilation of community news as published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines