Santa pet photos to be taken Friday
ANDERSON — South Anderson Veterinary Clinic, 109 W. 53rd St., is getting a visit from Santa from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday.
By donating $5, your pet can have its picture taken with Santa. You will receive a printed copy of the photo. For $10, you will receive a printed picture and a photo CD.
All proceeds will be donated to Daisy Mae Pet Rescue. For more information, call 642-8117.
Library offers ‘One Light to Remember’
ANDERSON — The Anderson Public Library is again offering the opportunity to honor loved ones with its “One Light to Remember” program.
For a $5 donation, a light will shine in someone’s honor on the lobby landing at the Main Library or in a display at the Lapel Branch. Each light will represent a celebration of life — past or present.
Each name submitted will be displayed on a small keepsake ornament that will be sent to the donor at the end of the holiday season.
The donations support library programming and the purchase of materials. Visit www.andersonlibrary.net to donate online or stop at any APL public service desk for donation forms.
‘Santa’s Workshop’ set at Mounds park
ANDERSON — Mounds State Park will host “Santa’s Workshop” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Santa’s helpers will assist you in making small gifts for your loved ones at Christmas.
Work stations include wreath refrigerator magnets, decorative suet cakes, snow globes, holiday bracelets, scented candles, peanut butter pine cones and many other crafts. There will be story telling, hot cocoa and cookies. Cost is $1 per person.
Library collecting for food pantry
FRANKTON — The Frankton Library is collecting food for the local food pantry and hats, gloves and socks for the school. Drop-offs can be made during regular hours, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesday, noon to 7 p.m., Friday, noon to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Mountain oysters meal in Middletown
MIDDLETOWN — The Middletown American Legion will serve mountain oysters beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday, while supplies last. The Sons of the American Legion is hosting. The post is at 450 N. 10th St., Middletown. For information, call 354-4892.
Cornerstone spring classes start Jan. 28
MUNCIE — The Cornerstone Arts Program will start its 12-week spring classes on Jan. 28 and continuing until April 25. The Arts Program offers classes for youth and adults in numerous areas of the arts. Class registration is available online at www.cornerstonearts.org/education.
Call the Education Department at 281-9503, ext. 23, to be added to the mailing list or visit the building at 520 E. Main St., to pick up a brochure.
Catapult Fitness to host open house
ANDERSON — This Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Catapult Fitness, 702 Historic W. Eighth St., will host an open house.
Free classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and children’s activities will be provided by Anderson University students.
For more information call David Isabelle at 649-4307.
Santa pet photos to be taken Friday
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
- AU dance students learn from a pro Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- 'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Rail, doll house exhibit now on display A model railroad and dollhouse exhibit is now on display at the Madison County Historical Society, 11 W. 11th St.. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on every Saturday in December.
- Back in the News: Dec. 8 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Size does matter when it comes to wine glasses Anyone serious about wine has probably learned the size of the glass can have an impact on the taste of the wine.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday