ELWOOD, Ind. —
Learn ways to coupon correctly
ANDERSON — Lil Miracles Pregnancy Resource Center, Inc., 602 E. 21st St., will host a “Couponing Class Fundraiser,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Those attending will learn where to shop, store policies, coupon filing, where to find coupons, manufacturer sites, digital coupons, blogs to follow, Facebook pages to follow, clipping and printing coupons, filing, meal planning, making out shopping lists, matching up coupons, coupon stacking, going to the store, keeping track of savings, how to figure a savings percentage, coupon abbreviations, and more.
The $20 cost includes lunch and the “Getting Started with Couponing” booklet written by author Kelly J. Mathews.
To buy a ticket, contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org, 393-2315.
Youth choirs host spaghetti dinner
ANDERSON — On Tuesday, March 12, the Anderson Area Children’s Choir and Youth Chorale will host a spaghetti dinner to raise funds for their spring choir tours. Dinner service will be from 5 to 7 p.m. at Anderson First United Methodist Church, 1215 Jackson St., and carryout will be available.
Dinner includes spaghetti with choice of sauce, garlic bread, salad, a drink and dessert, for $5.
The choirs will provide dinner music periodically throughout the evening. Tickets are available from any AACC/AAYC member, by calling 643-5621, or on the evening of the dinner.
Brian Regan brings comedy to Emens
MUNCIE — Comedian Brian Regan will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, March 14, at Emens Auditorium at Ball State University in Muncie.
A dorm room favorite, Regan’s 1997 CD, “Brian Regan Live,” has sold over 150,000 copies and consistently charts in iTunes Top Ten Comedy Albums. His 2000 Comedy Central Presents special continues to be a top viewer choice and his independently released 2004 DVD, “I Walked on the Moon,” is available at www.BrianRegan.com.
Dance marathon set for March 15
CHESTERFIELD — The Youth Leadership Academy’s annual Dance Marathon will be held from 6:56 p.m. to 1:13 a.m. Friday, March 15, at the Millcreek Civic Center in Chesterfield.
This year’s theme is “Survive the Night!” Enjoy many different games and activities such as basketball and dodgeball tournaments, cornhole, and you guessed it ... dancing to the beat of the music.
Cost is $10 a person. Tickets may be bought at the door. All proceeds go back to benefit the youth in Madison County. Free food will be provided and door prizes will be given out all night long. For information, call 641-4050, or visit www.anderson.edu/LAMC.
M-G coming to Honeywell Center
WABASH — Country duo Montgomery Gentry will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 15, at the Honeywell Center in Wabash.
Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry are back on the road with their new album, “Rebels on the Run.” The duo was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2009.
Tickets are $29, $49, $69, and $100. Tickets can be purchased at the box office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, by calling (260) 563-1102 or visiting www.honeywellcenter.org.
ELWOOD, Ind. —
Learn ways to coupon correctly
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
- AU dance students learn from a pro Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- 'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Rail, doll house exhibit now on display A model railroad and dollhouse exhibit is now on display at the Madison County Historical Society, 11 W. 11th St.. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on every Saturday in December.
- Back in the News: Dec. 8 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Size does matter when it comes to wine glasses Anyone serious about wine has probably learned the size of the glass can have an impact on the taste of the wine.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday