- Howard Hewitt: Size does matter when it comes to wine glasses Anyone serious about wine has probably learned the size of the glass can have an impact on the taste of the wine.
- Jim Bailey: Another domino falls in Indiana’s multiple-high school cities With the closing of Muncie Southside High School at the end of this school year, Indiana’s medium-sized cities are closer to coming full circle in operating multiple schools.
- Susie Schieve: Don't surprise someone with a Christmas pet During the holidays people often think of a pet as a gift for their family or a friend. A pet can be an exciting gift if all parties are on board for this new venture. But please, no surprises.
- Maleah Stringer: Gift fair a chance to help local animal shelters The upcoming Gift Fair at Mounds Mall is a unique opportunity to honor those on your gift list while also providing help and hope to those less fortunate who are not on anyone's gift list.
County residents fought for the Union
During the four-year Civil War between the North and the South many Madison County residents fought to preserve the Union . On April 16, 1861, Indiana Gov. Oliver P. Morton asked all able bodied men to volunteer their services to the Union Army. Mort
- Remembering this day Meeting a Pearl Harbor survivor enhances the experience of coming to Pearl Harbor for many, historian Daniel Martinez says. It can give people a tangible connection to meet someone who was on site when the bombing happened. Their numbers are dwindling, however.
- Church News: Dec. 7 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- Verna Davis: Look for the star that outshines all others Can you name a star? A real star, a star in the sky? Well, there's Vega, the fifth brightest star in the sky, 25 light years from the sun. But then there's that other star. The one mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew. The star that was so bright in the night sky that it outshined all other stars.
Anderson's Winterfest kicks off weekend festivities
Madison County residents have plenty of opportunities to get in the holiday spirit this weekend with activities in downtown Anderson, at East Side Church of God and in Lapel.
- Nightlife: Dec. 6 Live entertainment is scheduled this weekend at local venues, as published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Community Headlines