- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Community Briefs: Dec. 8 A compilation of community news items as published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- What's Where: Dec. 8-14 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Rail, doll house exhibit now on display A model railroad and dollhouse exhibit is now on display at the Madison County Historical Society, 11 W. 11th St.. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on every Saturday in December.
- Back in the News: Dec. 8 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from the Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald newspapers.
- Howard Hewitt: Size does matter when it comes to wine glasses Anyone serious about wine has probably learned the size of the glass can have an impact on the taste of the wine.
- Jim Bailey: Another domino falls in Indiana’s multiple-high school cities With the closing of Muncie Southside High School at the end of this school year, Indiana’s medium-sized cities are closer to coming full circle in operating multiple schools.
- Susie Schieve: Don't surprise someone with a Christmas pet During the holidays people often think of a pet as a gift for their family or a friend. A pet can be an exciting gift if all parties are on board for this new venture. But please, no surprises.
- More Community Headlines