Theresa Timmons: Mayor's Ball invite creates dress dilemma
This column has nothing to do with my sexual preference. I am just sayin'. What this column has everything to do with is my clothing preference.
- County horse racing tracks abounded in the 1800s In the 1890s, Driving Park Associations were popular names for horse racing tracks. They provided a place for "city" horses to get a good run as well as a place for horse racing and training.
- Back in the News: March 2 The Herald Bulletin looks back at stories from The Anderson Daily Bulletin and The Anderson Herald.
- Jim Bailey: Rip Van Winkle wouldn’t recognize Anderson either In Washington Irving’s story of Rip Van Winkle, the subject in question slept through a revolution and awoke to find an environment he didn’t recognize. Anyone who departed Anderson two decades ago would have the same dilemma.
- Maleah Stringer: Winter takes its toll on animals and shelters alike The Animal Protection League is bursting at the seams. We literally do not have space for one more cage. People are moving, people are turning their animals loose, leaving them in rentals and foreclosures.
- Academic Accolade: March 2 The following Academic Accolade is published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- What's Where: March 2-8 Local meetings and activities are planned this week.
- Melting pot at Midweek Meal For almost two years, people have been going to Trinity Episcopal Church’s Midweek Meal, a free lunch offered every Wednesday to anyone who needs it. It’s something the church has done for almost four years to offer relief to area residents who are struggling.
- Verna Davis: Don't engage in shrewish behavior I suspect there is a bit of a shrew in all of us. With our pointed noses, we sometimes seek out things to talk about that are none of our business. With our beady eyes, we look around for someone doing something we don't like so we can discuss it all with other shrews just like ourselves.
- Church News: March 1 The following are brief Church News items of local interest.
- More Community Headlines
- Theresa Timmons: Mayor's Ball invite creates dress dilemma