VIDEO: Before returning to Washington Friday for a series of briefings on the crisis in Syria, U.S. Rep. Susan Brooks (R-District 5) discussed the questions she has on the situation and the evidence she needs to see from the Obama administration before deciding how she'll vote on the question of authorizing military action there.
What Brooks needs to hear on Syria
- Local Politics
- Clerk candidates discuss service, vote centers A seasoned politician is facing a candidate who says he is prepared to tackle the “egotistical officials pursuing lawless agendas” in this year’s race for Madison County clerk.
- Serving customers important to both recorder candidates Two Republicans are vying in the May 6 primary for their party's nomination for Madison County recorder and both say this race is all about customer service.
- Turner denies wrongdoing in ethics investigation State Rep. Eric Turner, through written responses, denied breaking any House rules in regard to an Ethics Committee investigation.
Democratic congressional candidates discuss issues
The three candidates hoping to become the first Democrat to represent portions of central Indiana in more than 25 years met Wednesday in the only planned debate of the primary campaign.
Treasurer candidates want partnerships
Democrats Kathy Mougeotte and Tamie Dixon-Tatum explain how they were inspired to run for a political office. They are opponents seeking their party's nomination for treasurer in the May 6 primary.
Incumbent challenged by first-time candidate
Kelly Gaskill says she's made numerous improvements in the operation of the Madison County treasurer's office since taking the helm in 2011. But her Republican challenger in the May 6 primary, Micah Mitchell, doesn't shy away from criticizing how Gaskill has run the office.
Huckabee, Priebus headlining Ind. GOP convention
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and National Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus are headlining the Indiana Republican Party's 2014 convention in June.
- First-time candidate Smith challenges Owens Steffanie Owens is seeking the Republican Party nomination for a second term as Madison County commissioner against John Smith who is seeking his first political office.
Bell leads in sheriff campaign spending
Going into the final month of the primary election campaign, Scott Mellinger, one of three Democrats seeking the party nomination for sheriff, has the most cash on hand.
- GOP endorses several primary candidates For the first time in nearly four decades the Madison County Republican Party has endorsed candidates in the May 6 primary.
- More Local Politics Headlines