Read Sunday's print edition of The Herald Bulletin for a special, in-depth report on Anderson's efforts to annex property to the southwest and northeast of the city. The report will include an article detailing the potential impact of annexation on the proposed Mallard Lake Landfill near Killbuck School.
- Local Politics
- Live gaming not on 2014 docket in Indiana Indiana casinos hoping for more legislative help for the industry struggling with dropping revenue may have to wait until 2015 to see any new bills.
- Henderson retiring from Pendleton Town Council For the last 13 years Don Henderson has served as Pendleton Town Council president, but the council meeting tonight will be the last.
State agency opposes limited unemployment plan
A coalition of business and labor groups want Indiana legislators to expand unemployment benefits to partially furloughed workers, but the proposal faces opposition from the state agency that would implement it.
Smith, mayors oppose marriage ban
A group of Indiana mayors, including Anderson Mayor Kevin Smith, came out against an amendment attempting to make same-sex marriage constitutionally illegal.
Legislators: Reservoir project needs to remain transparent
The next step in the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir needs to remain transparent to help residents determine the merits of the project, area legislators said Monday.
- Elwood fine-tunes end-of-year city fund transfers The Elwood City Council spent Monday night's meeting shoring up money for shortfalls in city funds in several areas, including new allowances for holiday decorations and gas money for police.
Indiana GOP leaders ready to scrap Common Core
The Republican leaders of the General Assembly want Indiana to scrap the Common Core education standards and have the state adopt its own guidelines to prepare students for college and careers, a report Sunday said.
- Party leaders surprised by Sawyer resignation Chairmen of Republican Party organizations in central Indiana expressed surprise at the sudden resignation of Dwayne Sawyer as state auditor.
Lanane: Townsend cleared in 2011 investigation
Members of Mayor Kevin Smith's administration said they were unaware of a 2011 investigation into allegations of conflict of interest in the Community Development Department.
- Three churches have plans for expansion Three churches have plans to expand following approval from the City Council to vacate two streets.
- More Local Politics Headlines