- Local Politics
- Austin upset over gun law The debate of guns on school property led to a contentious conference committee meeting in the Statehouse Monday.
- Light rail big issue in transit bill Sen. Tim Lanane, D-Anderson, said the biggest issue facing the conference committee on the mass transit bill is the matter of light rail.
- Couples want equal rights in same-sex suit Erin Brock says she’s prepared to fight to have her love legally recognized by the state of Indiana.
- Audubon Society opposed to reservoir Another environmental group has voiced opposition to the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir based on concerns over the potential impact on Mounds State Park.
- Ken de la Bastide: Control of GOP at stake in public primary battle Russ Willis and Mike Gaskill have been trading jabs for the past few months and recently it has escalated to the point where every incumbent officeholder in the courthouse except one is being challenged for the party’s nomination in the primary election.
Pence hopeful business tax bill will pass
Governor Mike Pence believes compromises on two key pieces of his legislative agenda will be reached before the March 14 end of the Indiana General Assembly session.
- Indiana working to end voter fraud Indiana has joined with 28 other states to eliminate voter fraud, Secretary of State Connie Lawson said Tuesday in a speech to the Anderson Rotary Club.
- Legislation would allow guns on school property Legislation that would allow licensed gun owners to have their weapons stored in vehicles on school property passed the Indiana House in a 74-24 vote on Monday.
- Mass transit bill heads to Senate The Indiana House voted 52-47 Monday to pass a bill that could allow voters in central Indiana counties, including Madison County, to hold a referendum on funding mass transit. The bill now goes to the Senate.
- Elwood mayor's campaign funds probed The Indiana State Police and FBI are investigating campaign finance expenditures by Elwood Mayor Ron Arnold for 2012 and 2013, according to local officials.
- More Local Politics Headlines